Thread: hunting pics

hunting pics

how come there aint a hunting pic section or if there is tell me were it is please

Sorry no pictures of dead quarry on this forum.

One dead animal looks very much like another, so some time ago a decision was made that a "No Dead Stuff" rule was to be enforced.

There are occasions where we have bent the rule or even waived it, but broadly speaking it stands.

There is an exception for the game prep section, where pics of game being prepared are allowed, but trophy pics are not allowed even there.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

people can tell there tales of hunting but this forum is not just for hunters its for target shooters and plinkers ect and not everyone wants to see pics of what you have shot so its not allowed

i enjoy reading the hunting stories specialy when written by a talented wordsmith
    like PaddySP on here ,written reports make your imagination work,well done mods
    keep out dead animal pics ,
    regards brian

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    If you've seen one dead fox/deer/boar/rabbit/crow etc you've a fair idea what the feast lok like, just use your imagination.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Nothing stopping someone posting pictures of themselves or friends in the field with their chosen kit

For the record, we used to have 'trophy' shots on here, but it became a bloody nightmare. Photo after photo of animals with various-sized holes in them and varying degrees of damage inflicted. The low point was reached when one enlightened 'member' posted a photo of a mound of steaming rabbit guts, the result of a 100-plus bag night. We knew then that something had to change.

We tried to only allow 'tasteful' photos of dead stuff, but it turned out to be so much grief that we decided on the 'no dead things' rule.

So, we HAVE tried allowing trophy pics and it turned out to be more trouble than it was worth.

Just so you know, OK?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge