Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: daystate, weihrauch, bsa or air arms?

daystate, weihrauch, bsa or air arms?

Ok, so i have my s400 valued.at £300 and an extra £500 ready to put towards either a new R10, a new HW100 fsb, a new s510 or a second hand daystate...... hhhmm they are all good guns on paper and i handled them all but still can't come to a decision. Has anyone got any horror storiesabout any of the above that may help sway me?, cheers any advice is very welcome yr

Early R10s have an appalling reputation for reliabilty, which I'm not sure is sorted now. I think QC, mag reliability and quality of finish are well behind the other choices too.

Were it my decision I'd be looking at one of the other three - probably the HW or Air Arms

had air arms,had a daystate,had a bsa,had another daystate !!! all hit targets as good as each other.... stick with your 400 and save your money..

Quote Originally Posted by paul tinsleyt View Post
    had air arms,had a daystate,had a bsa,had another daystate !!! all hit targets as good as each other.... stick with your 400 and save your money..
    wise words!
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I've owned all of the above, and parted with all of them within 12 months... Except the Daystate
    Theoben MKII Rapid - Bushnell Legend 5-15x40

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Forget the new ones, get out and try them at a club or meet, then buy a good second hand onei off here. I'd also add a Rapid to your shortlist.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

secretagentmole Guest
    Why not buy a secondhand R10 and then take it to the B meister? The B meister is like the messiah of BSA and devotees flock to his temple bearing offerings of weaponry and money. He takes the money and practises dark arts upon the weaponry before returning it to the devotee who proffered it. They take the blessed mechanical offering away and say "Ruddy hell" or something like that, "It is like a new gun!" Peace then falls on the countryside as the damned things are so quiet...

Who is this that I speak of? Why the venerable John Bowkett of course!
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 02-04-2012 at 08:25 AM.

I too have had all of the above. Traded in a AA410 carbine to get a Hw100 , traded that for a BSA R10, traded that for a Daystate Huntsman, and on saturday traded that for another HW100.
    Best advice, stick with what you are happy with because nothing else will come close.
    The only two rifles that I have truly got on with out of the above, were the 410 carbine and the HW100.
    Just my opinion, hope it helps.

the hw100 is the cream of the crop mate.

ive just had a little session on my back garden with the hw100 in 177. it had about 165bar in it. ive just shot 7x14mags through it which is 98 shots and its still just in the green. if i were to shoot 100 shots it'd probably just be in the yellow and be ready for refilling.

baring in mind that weihrauch recomend filling their hw100's to 200bar, you should get well over 120 shots, maybe 140. as i shoot hft i wouldnt fill it more than 170bar to begin with and probably refill it at 110 bar. i should get at least 80 very consistent shots. the hw100 is an awesome gun imo and is the best in its particular price range and class.
    Last edited by gasman1; 02-04-2012 at 05:30 PM.

all good
    Last edited by madcarlos; 06-04-2012 at 06:53 PM.

I would look toward buying a second hand daystate mk4 is.
    £600-700 would get you one. The reason I say this is because of the electronic trigger system.
    I'm not saying its anymore accurate than the others you mentioned but its great to shoot.
    Mine is in .22 and zeroed to 32 yards and it really is pretty much hole on hole at that distance.
    You also get plenty of shots from a 230 bar fill.
    I used to own an AA S410 carbine which was a great rifle but have not fired the r10 of hw100.

cheers

Matt

To paraphrase a printed message on a recently received parcel at work, "Buy British - it matters!"
    S410K + AAF 4.51 =
    Anschutz 1417 .22lr (thumbhole)
    16" CZ452 Varmint .17HMR

runcemount is offline i feel naked without it and feels as if something missing
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    as long as you dont go for the bsa mate you be ok ,,,,,,,,,,even a smk would be better than the r10
    Please tell us/me your opinion why not to go for the bsa r10.

As stated by paul and trumpetier stick with the s400 but get a multishot adapter from Rowan engineering.

Atb
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    as long as you dont go for the bsa mate you be ok ,,,,,,,,,,even a smk would be better than the r10
    ive got a 22 r10 its as good as any other 22 just the man behind the scope is crap

dont be put off by all this dont buy bsa rubbish ive owned more bsa than any other make
    wish id kept half of them would have saved me a fortune
    the only downside i found when i used a multi shot was no single shot which bsa have now sorted

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/