Thread: Wanted - Optima Super Moonlighter and also HW80 .177

Wanted - Optima Super Moonlighter and also HW80 .177

Hi All

Has anyone got an Optima Super Moonlighter or a HW80 in .177 for sale. Cash waiting if VGC.

jimcorbett

Quote Originally Posted by jimcorbett View Post
    Hi All

Has anyone got an Optima Super Moonlighter or a HW80 in .177 for sale. Cash waiting if VGC.

jimcorbett
    Put together thats gonna be heavy

and rare LOL, took me a while to find a super moonlighter.

Heavy yes but good balance, I've got that combo as well as a 35 exp, I have always loved the moonlighter ranger maybe from a deprived childhood of only seeing them in mags, got an imuminated one which is good too, not seen may of them around. But my favorite is the 45mm for some reason, looks great on a fwb sport or original 45 which is pretty heavy, heavy is good as it dampens vibration, my 80,45 & 35's all shoot spot on at 30 yards with these scopes, so don't let weight put you off.

They are about for sale but wouldn't sell mine even if I had to sell the kids/wife and all the tea in china, good luck with your search.

Atb
    Paul

Not selling; but have two Moonlighters 45 obj, one of my all time favorite scopes. However, the earlier ones are better than the later ones in my opinion. The Moonlighter 45 doesn't give up anything on the Super 56 except weight. Once they put on BDC's and parallax I think they saved on the glass somewhere. Great classic scopes but it all depends on what the glass is in them. An early Simmons WTC is brighter as are some Tascos, but not all again its all in the glass.

Went through all my scopes the other year. Deep deep blue is better than grey blue. Green or Crimson can be good too. The stronger deeper more violent the colour coating usually they better. Loads of mid range scopes have the grey blue or end up with it once established. Tasco Prohorn were once fantastic, but no longer and I don't rate Simmons any more especially now they are made in China. Anyone have a Tasco European circa 1992 for sale?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    Put together thats gonna be heavy
    I've got a Venom 80/Super Moonlighter and they don't feel heavy to me, the two paired do make an excellent combination though and good examples of both are well worth searching out. I still get a big kick taking mine out hunting even now.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops