Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMK B2 .177 Air Rifle, HELP!

The early '90s BSA supersport was a nice rifle for the money and can be a good s/h buy for not too much.
    Sounds as though the quality has fallen since then.

secretagentmole Guest
    Yes it is known as the Gamo effect!

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    ya cant beat a bit of tesco walnut oil on your stock
    whats the finish like with this as i have a post on the chinese forum about finishing my 78 stock?

cheers

smk b2

i bought one of these with intention of using it as close range vermin gun in barns...

and quickly sold it again. at 15metres it struggled to group inside the area of a baked bean tin lid.

that was with 4 different types of pellet used, different supports / grips etc, i couldn't get anything to work.

they lack any finesse and are purely plinking in the garden toys.

i think the best comment i read about them was ' to use successfully for hunting, the only way is to get really close,.... then hit the rabbit over the head with it'

also liked ' i'm going to stand it on its end and hammer it into the ground as a fencepost, at least it will be of some use'
    Be the first to the field and the last to the couch.

Smile

Wouldn't go anywhere near it all smk's are bad in my opinion if ur really interested in getting into the sport you should save some money and get a weihrauch or air arms

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    Wouldn't go anywhere near it all smk's are bad in my opinion if ur really interested in getting into the sport you should save some money and get a weihrauch or air arms

Then your opinion is wrong (you incorrectly stated your opinion as fact). They are not bad at all, they are what they are. If you expect more from it you will be disappointed, but if you expect less you will be impressed.

If your going to buy a brand new £40 gun and expect pellet on pellet at 30 yards your an idiot. If you want to drop a few cans with the money you saved from not going out drinking on the weekend it's a perfect gun. Your not going to be able to get anything better for £40

if your talking about the xs19 or xs20, or even the 208 series then these are good guns by any standard. And at around £100 you simply can't beat the quality for the money

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.davison View Post
    whats the finish like with this as i have a post on the chinese forum about finishing my 78 stock?

cheers
    oily, lol . I like it, it may not be to everyones taste though I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Save up a bit more money and get a quality second-hand German gun.
    a BIT more? what is a bit more than £40? £60? That's 50% more already. Show me a German gun for sale for £60 and ill show you £60
    Last edited by jetski; 14-08-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post

I started out with one of these, for what they are -they are quite good. For my first gun, and using it supervised in my back garden. There's nothing better

i started out with a b2 early this year & since then ive brought both a hatsan striker 1000x & a weihrauch hw97k....i would suggest saving up a little extra & buy something of better quality. Although not many would recommend hatsans the stiker or mod.60 for around £120ish & you cant go wrong.

chriscp1991

i have owned a b2 before and they are great guns as long as you do not expect too much from them. i was lucky and i got a good one, it would group 1.5 inch at 30 yards and i was happy with this for a 30 pound gun. they are good fun for plinking in the garden but as i am a hunter i can not recomend that you buy one to hunt with as they do not have the power of the accuracy. great garden guns though.