Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911 Problems

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    My witness has been struck down with the problem where it fires 6 shots, then refuses to cycle properly then dumps its gas down the barrel.

I stripped it down and found nothing, so delved a little deeper and removed the blowback piston assembley, I stripped this apart as my brain was telling me it looked a little dry (as all problematic mechanisms do when you just want them to work) and out the piston fell a BB.

The piston consists of 3 parts, the piston, the cylinder and the insert for the gas tube (and a spring for closing the piston after the shot). The BB was not evident until both it and the insert fell out of the piston when I stripped it. I'm not sure where in the piston it was but it was definately in there.

Hope this helps anyone else who has seen this problem.

I know this post is several years old, but just wanted to say thanks to the guy who gave this tip. I got a Tangfolio 1911 air gun many months ago, looking to supplement my live fire training. Within a few days, however, I was frustrated by exact problem described above: the gun refusing to cycle and then dumping all the CO2 gas down the barrel.

I was all set to send it back to the manufacturer when I came across this post. Sure enough, when I disassembled the gun and messed around with the blowback mechanism in the rear part of the slide, two BBs fell out. After I reassembled, gun worked perfectly, and has continued to for a while now. So thanks very much!

Not sure if against protocol, but another thank you from me! I took this gun out to start teaching my young daughter, and was disappointed that I had to rack the slide every shot, assumed it was lack of maintenance so stripped and greased the whole lot, but to no avail. Found this post and 2 BBs came out the same place for me too, now its kicking like it was before, happy days!