Thread: 10m/20yd zero difference

10m/20yd zero difference

As title - before I start punching holes in the backstop instead of the target am I looking a big difference in zero adjustment going from 10m to 20yd?
    Steyr LP10E... when you absolutely positively have to punch neat holes in the middle at 10m accept no substitute

Hi Stelfy

I doubt it will be very much - not enough to miss the target due to a sight error (though any small POI errors at 10 will be magnified at 20 - most of my shots at 10 yds - double handed - will be in a 40mm ring ...but at 20 yards a lot more miss!) ... but as a precaution why not take test shots at 12, 15, 17 (or similar) just to make sure?

ATB

Jon

Thanks Jon - jumping straight from 10m up to 20yd for a competition, so no time to practice!

How's things in Walkern? Just a suburb of Stevenage now? Was getting that way when I left the area 15 years ago!
    Steyr LP10E... when you absolutely positively have to punch neat holes in the middle at 10m accept no substitute

Hi Stelfy

Good luck wiith the comp - I expect you may need to raise the rear sight very slightly to compensate for the longer range, but I doubt the extra pellet drop will be more than a centimeter or two.

Walkern is great thanks - fields between us and Stevenage are still green so we aren't in suburbia (just) yet!

ATB

Jon

I ran up Chairgun with assumed parameters for the gun and pellet combination, it predicts an inch or so of extra drop when zeroed at 10x and shooting at 20x.

HTH, Vic T

chairgun

Thanks for that Vic

I only downloaded chairgun yesterday to try and help me with HFT rifle - I hadn't thought of using it for my pistols...but of course, why not!

ATB

Jon

I dont find any difference between the two distances if the lighting is the same on both ranges.