Thread: Webley Mk1 pistol rough value

Webley Mk1 pistol rough value

I appreciate without pics not easy but will describe as best as I can. I have the chance of this but a little weary.. not sure what to offer really. Seller wants at least £70. Is this perhaps fair?

All blueing present - tiny bit of rust spiderish x3mm on one side.

Screws used show no sign of ever being taken out, as do pins

Grips black - perfect

Leather barrel breech seemed perfect - visually

The WEBLEY MK1 in white on sides pretty clear

Bad points -

Not tried it spring seemed fine on opening barrel though..

Needs a good clean with cotton buds above grips small amount of red rust looks like it would wipe off though

Behind trigger think I observed what appears to be a small piece of leather sticking out is this normal?????

Best I can do in written format I have x1 pic via my phone, but really doubt it would help as quality not very good.

Anything I should look for prior to buying? I have a mint Tempest however the finish and feel of this seems far better, do they shoot as well as the Tempest accuracy etc?

Thanks.

The mk1 sounds to be in good used condition from your description. £70 is a fair price, I would not hesitate if it were me

Pete.

Pete my instinct at first as you say, but without being able to try it holding me back a bit.

If say it does not work or has a fault i.e. sear etc any idea where or who could do the work? It looks untouched and weary about knocking out the pins - causing slight damage etc myself.

The piece of leather behind the trigger is that normal?

John,

As long as the visible condition is good, the barrel seems straight/isn't rusted when you look down it, the grips aren't broken and it cocks and de-cocks without problems.....
    £70 seems like a good price.
    There's no anti bear-trap on them (well there isn't on my straight grip) so you can do some tests even if you don't fire it.
    My mark 1 straight grip looked terrible when I bought it. Absolutely horrible in fact and yet it cleaned up really well.
    Bonus to not have hours of cleaning and scrubbing to de-rust it!
    The ones for sale on gunstar are a lot more than £70.

Best
    Gene

Behind trigger think I observed what appears to be a small piece of leather sticking out is this normal?????
    No it's not, and needs checking.

The leather behind the trigger isn't normal, but, is it leather.?? It may be a lump of hardened grease.
    These pistols are simple to work on and spares are readily available.
    I have been repairing and restoring airguns for most of my life ( now retired),and would be more than happy to restore/repair it for you at no cost,other than postage.
    Pete.

Flat sent you a PM concerning your kind offer. Cheers mate.