Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The air rifle or air pistol that you most wanted as a kid.

Smile The air rifle or air pistol that you most wanted as a kid.

The air rifle or air pistol that you most wanted as a kid.
    I was torn in half by the choice of a BSA Mercury S or a Sharp Innova , think i made the right choice in picking the merc, but still have never seen or handled a sharp.

oh,? you so missed out. you should have gone for the sharp, you fool
    i had a webley vulcan to start with.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

240 magnum bsa pistol. I still want one but i'm trying to stop buying air rifles/pistols

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Air Arms Jackal - the combat model...only took about 30 years to find one

Wanted a webley Junior, got one, (still got it) then a Webley tempest, (still got it) then an HW 35 and an HW80.........well you get the picture, still got them all and still finding new 'must haves' 30 years later

The biggest dissapointment was the Saxby Palmer Ensign....I wanted one for years but was bitterly dissapointed when I finally got one.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Anything Theoben, but in particular the Theoben Imperator FT... A close second would have been the GC2...

Pistols never really interested me

Alex

When I was a kid, the Vulcan was the rifle most of my mates aspired to.

I remember drooling over the Sterling HR81 when it first came out.

Never managed to get the Sterling, but did eventually buy a Vulcan, to sooth my boyhood panderings.

atb, Gareth.

The things I always fancied were those bb repeating rifles that were advertised in the back of american comics. This was back in late '50's

Much cooler than the 'boring' Webley, perhaps in part, because they were unavailable in the UK

Always used to want a Feinwerkbau, but can't remember the model of the one I used to drool over... 'Sport' something or other? Just looked like a 'Proper', hunting rifle when I was shooting in the back garden with my Harrington Gat

It was the Sheridan Blue Streak that I lusted after from the pages of Airgun World!

Dan
    Gamo Shadow 1000 (.22)
    BSA Lightning XL Tactical (.22)
    BSA Meteor Mark 7 (.22)

Part exchanged my father's Webley MKIII .22 for a FWB Sport 124. I was so modern .177, and it was a tack driver in comparison. Wanted a Moonlighter but think I ended up with a Kassner. Friends had Vulcans, good little rifles, and one had an Original 45. Much later had Theoben Siroccos but wow did they have bendy barrels. Finally had a fixed barrel Webley Eclipse which though a fine rifle didn't do it for me. Took a 15 year break from air rifles as I was shooting full bore full time, rifle and handguns, and with living in London. Lately, bought nearly all the ones I wanted from back then; and sold most again on. Just kept the best 12.... all gasram or springers (3x Sports) and have two Moonlighters to boot.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Hw77

I wanted one of these but they had not been invented, and then came along just before I quit the sport... was obsessed with wobbly break-barrels, but the taploaders weren't any good either. A fixed-barrel direct loader with full power and a Rekord trigger? the stuff of a madman's dreams...

I recall looking for hours at a FWB65 in the window of Bagnal & Kirkwood in Newcastle circa 1970

Way out of my league at the time but things werent that bad as I was bought a nice new Original Mod 5 for my birthday

When I eventualy bought a 65 I found it something of a twangy disappointment - Id probably elevated it to a status in my mind that it could never realistically achieve.......

Ive owned another two since then along with an 80 and 90 and cant really get on with them. Perhaps Im just peculiar.

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    A Sussex Armoury Arctic Carbine

No idea why looking back. For those who don't know, it looks like this.

I'd still like one, with a Single Point sight on top.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    A Sussex Armoury Arctic Carbine

No idea why looking back. For those who don't know, it looks like this.

I'd still like one, with a Single Point sight on top.
    Certainly would scare the Polar Bears away - were they produced for defending convoys of Tango trucks across the Arctic tundra?

Sussex Armoury sold some awful tat.