Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The air rifle or air pistol that you most wanted as a kid.

Those Sussex Armory Jackal Pellets, great for going around corners. Pointed pellets what a load of nonsense... Sabo ones too.

Always wanted a Sheridan, I finaly got a Silverstreak this year,It only took just over 30yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Certainly would scare the Polar Bears away - were they produced for defending convoys of Tango trucks across the Arctic tundra?

Sussex Armoury sold some awful tat.
    They had great press adverts though - must have kept Airgun World in business in the early days!

Dan
    Gamo Shadow 1000 (.22)
    BSA Lightning XL Tactical (.22)
    BSA Meteor Mark 7 (.22)

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Easy....BSA Airsporter in the late 60's !

Absolutly No Chance of owning one so a Gat made do instead !

Brider.

ps. could have been worse, my Mother borrowed the Grattens Catalogue now and again so it could have been a Relum !!!
    “An airgun or two”………

I was given a Webley leaflet by a kindly shop assistant in D&P Guns of Harrow, as it was then. Within, there was an exploded view of the Vulcan and Tempest. I just had to own the Tempest but it took a few years before I was able to. I also hankered after a Webley Service after seeing a picture of one for the first time.

John

bit of advice for a newbe please RN10

HI I have been out of FT for about 14 years , and just back on the scene and loving it greatly.

I have a RN10 with a Mick Dawes reg, muzzle and Mick Dawes barrell,

I am thinking of listing on the forsale part of here, I have just posted it on shooting the breeze at £650 it has is old reg , muzzle etc in the box as well, would this be a fair price as over the chrono it is shooting 743,744,743,744 which i know needs turning up. I am a left hooker so its no good to me.

I allways wanted a Sheridan. After some 25 years absence I got one in 2005 on my return to airguns. Its a Silver Streak with the Williams peep , it was worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftysue View Post
    HI I have been out of FT for about 14 years , and just back on the scene and loving it greatly.

I have a RN10 with a Mick Dawes reg, muzzle and Mick Dawes barrell,

I am thinking of listing on the forsale part of here, I have just posted it on shooting the breeze at £650 it has is old reg , muzzle etc in the box as well, would this be a fair price as over the chrono it is shooting 743,744,743,744 which i know needs turning up. I am a left hooker so its no good to me.
    £500 or so... Never expect to get your money back from customisation...It just doesn't happen

BSA Airsporter

Mine was an Airsporter back in the very early 70s, but I made do and had seemingly endless hours of enjoyment with a .22 Meteor. It played hell with all sorts of ailing Airfix models! The Meteor lasted for many years until I finally got a fixed-barrel object of desire, an HW77 when they first appeared and I still have it today.

I eventually got my Airsporter last year!

The one that I wanted but didn't get was a saxby palmer Lee Enfield rifle conversion.

Always wanted an Airsporter, eventually got a Meteor, shot shedloads of pigeons and rats with it.
    Rose tinted specs are wonderful...

What else but the fastest?

I was deeply into Popular Mechanics when the first Hy-score adverts appeared. Who couldn't want the most powerful air pistol in the world? ;-)
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rrent=hyad.jpg

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    I was deeply into Popular Mechanics when the first Hy-score adverts appeared. Who couldn't want the most powerful air pistol in the world? ;-)
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rrent=hyad.jpg
    Deffo a springer which worked on the combustion principle. With a couple of drops of diesel fuel in them they could shoot through a Ford Zephyr's engine block and kill a T-34 with one shot.

For me it had to be an Airsporter but I got a Diana model 1.
    Thats life (but I did enjoy it).
    Mel.

ASI Paratrooper. I think I was 14 at the time. I owned a Relum Tornado and liked it well enough but I really covetted the Paratrooper.

Cheers

DaveD