Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The air rifle or air pistol that you most wanted as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos-w View Post
    The air rifle or air pistol that you most wanted as a kid.
    The break barrel Relum in the window of Ken's Western Store in Manor Park. After I managed to scrape together the money, it was mine. It was probably the first thing that I ever made an effort to save for.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

A Crosman 766. Or whatever was popular that month in AGW. Still want a Hamermerli 401 and a BSF S70 ...

Have the Bsf 70 and its a beutey, well worth the wait, also b55, b20 pistol and the 54 underlever, yes I like Bsf

Cool

Pointy slugs and them daft sabo things just what i want to hear, im not alone then loved it, I did like the look of the Jackel rifles, the first proper shit hot springer i had was the first Air Arms TX 200 classic build and so awsome to shoot.

A good few really, Airsporter, Mercury S, Camargue, Tracker and an Asi Paratrooper repeater

Oddly enough now that I have owned them all as an adult the only one I liked enough to keep was the Webley Tracker!

Although I do still have the Asi, but only because I can't find anyone silly enough to buy it

Atb

Andy

Unhappy Me too

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Air Arms Jackal - the combat model...only took about 30 years to find one
    Just thought it was the coolest, paper round money never stretched that far though

I really wanted an SA Jackal too, also a BSA Buccaneer. I've got a lot of airguns now but neither of those sadly. One day...

Can I mention three?

The first would be a Webley Tracker. So different, so short, so cool. I remember reading a feature in one of the mags featuring a gas ram converted one - surely the best of all worlds? About a year ago one of my shooting buddies gave me his Tracker and I was hugely disappointed. It broke the first scope I put on it. Pants.

Second, the rapid 7. To a boy with a .22 Meteor and a tin of marksman pellets, this repeating precharged air rifle looked spaceage. Turned out to be as brilliant as I always hoped it would be.

Lastly, one of the original pump action Skan bullpups. I tried one and met Mike Childs at the NEC in the early 90s. It seemed so advanced. Still not found one.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Air arms combat with auto load and open combat style "peep" sights. I dreamt of that gun and saved for what seemed like years and eventually bought it! I shot so many tins of pellets through it (5.6mm wasps) that I doubt I've shot as many since! Unfortunately I was hoodwinked by those new fangled pcp things and sold it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid......
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Smile

No mention of the BSA Scorpion,
    the small rifle that was a pistol. I drooled at the pics in airgun world and eventually got one about five years ago. This thing is not a pistol it’s a beast in disguise, looks good but to shoot it’s a bitch unless you bench rest it. Too much power in a pistol grip the design is all wrong but hey it is an icon of British air pistols. Or not

the small rifle that was a pistol. I drooled at the pics in airgun world and eventually got one about five years ago. This thing is not a pistol it’s a beast in disguise, looks good but to shoot it’s a bitch unless you bench rest it. Too much power in a pistol grip the design is all wrong but hey it is an icon of British air pistols. Or not
    Think you may actually mean the Shadow Carbine, mines no 094 in .22, love it to bits, great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Think you may actually mean the Shadow Carbine, mines no 094 in .22, love it to bits, great fun.
    No he means the BSA Scorpion air pistol. I never could get on with one and agree with the comments.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

I always wanted any that was in my copy of L Wesleys airgun book!! (still have the book and now have quite a few of the guns!!- none of those beautiful Giffards though )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I wanted an Airsporter or the Webly Scott with interchangable barrels... but had to settle for a Relum Tormado .22 open sights..... no extra money it was either scope or pellets.... I opted for the pellets ......

Cheers David.

a hw80. my mate had one and we used to struggle to lift it. we still managed to shoot it quite well. my parents wouldnt allow me to have an airgun of any kind.

when i bought my first airgun around 3 years ago i very nearly bought a hw80. a chap who i worked with at the time gave me a go with his superten, so i ended up wanting a pcp. i bought a hw100 in the end.

i bought a springer nearly a year later, but bought a hw97kt. i'd still like to have a hw80 as in the 80's when i grew up it was the gun we all wanted. its still one of the top break barrels in the world to this day.