Thread: BSA Scorpion Pistol Trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Scorpion Pistol Trigger

Following on from a recent thread, here are some pictures of the trigger components in situ:

As my sig site is no longer available, I've now posted the photographs on this old thread.

'T' prefix indicates top view, & 'U' indicates underside view.
    The trigger in all pictures is to the left.

Last edited by Troubledshooter; 17-11-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Photographs added

Thanks, I'm sure they'll come in useful! I've serviced a few Scorpions but never stripped a trigger.

Cheers!

great post thanks
    I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief.

Thumbs up

Hi

I bought a BSA Buccaneer which i'm sure everyone knows uses the same trigger unit (Oversized pistol?!) The rearsight and safety came in a small bag having been removed..

The mounting screws were two different lengths and I fitted them the wrong way round, Took one shot down the garden, It wouldn't cock for the second shot so I removed the action from the stock and a bit of blued steel fell out! I identifired it as the long hammer, Due to the safety having too long of a screw fitted, The long hammer must have hit it and snapped it off

The old trigger unit went in the bin so I wasn't tempted to take it to bits and try to repair/rebuild it (Didn't want a coronary!!)

I watched Fleabay for a few weeks bidding on whole trigger units from Scorpion pistols but they were going for between £40/£50, I only paid £50 for the whole gun!!

Anyhow, I was lucky in that I won one for a mere £20, Fitted it, Job's a good un!!

BTW, There's no way I would disassemble the trigger parts due to arthritic fingers!!

EDITED TO ADD PICS

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 17-11-2019 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added pics
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

As John says above, nobody through choice would disassemble the Scorpion trigger unit, but I have had to on several occasions due to broken 'Hammers' which is why I decided to photograph the assembled unit, to try and give some idea of the correct positioning of the relevant parts, as I too can remember the nightmare experienced the first time I had to replace a broken 'Hammer', apart from the difficulty in obtaining this part.
    I remember at the time buying the last of Dennis Hiller's stock along with the few left at Manchester Airguns, and I still have a few left along with other Scorpion spares.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Scorpion triggers are another of the jobs I don't like to do on airguns. I'm a bit rusty now but got pretty good with them after the 1st one I bought would not work.I stripped it a fair few times. I worked out eventually that the hammer must be bent and I heated it up and straightened it and tempered it. It is still working years later. I have done about 8 of these triggers now and should have the sense to use a slave pin, instead of fiddling with pushing the pivot pin through a bit at a time and feeding the bits on with a small screwdriver. From memory, 4 things are on the same pin and I add a small shim on the outside of the spring as well to make it more positive.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    As John says above, nobody through choice would disassemble the Scorpion trigger unit, but I have had to on several occasions due to broken 'Hammers' which is why I decided to photograph the assembled unit, to try and give some idea of the correct positioning of the relevant parts, as I too can remember the nightmare experienced the first time I had to replace a broken 'Hammer', apart from the difficulty in obtaining this part.
    I remember at the time buying the last of Dennis Hiller's stock along with the few left at Manchester Airguns, and I still have a few left along with other Scorpion spares.
    Hi, Thanks for the Pics, A year or so late for these rebuilds Haha,
    I made a couple of hammers a few years ago in stainless, I ( refused to pay £17 & post for one ) as I needed 2.
    Wished I had though !!!!

I think the pistols hark back to the springer period, A handful to shoot & well able to meet the 6 Fpe limit,
    I had one shooting just over 9 Fpe ( In a Buccaneer ).
    Not surprising really with that 28mm bore & A big spring, The .177 shot very well, Its also interesting that the pistons in
    the .177,s & .22 are different, They only need a piston mod , Allied to a weaker spring to attain the limit.
    I still have some spares for these, Sights, barrels, pistons & one modded head etc ,& one in Chrome I never got around to putting together,, but no hammers,

Its interesting that on asking for a valuation , It was suggested for these rebuilt specimens £35 ish each.
    Ged.

http://s101.photobucket.com/user/ged...2fdvk.jpg.html

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...&1457354614080
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 07-03-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Following on from a recent thread, here are some pictures of the trigger components in situ:

http://mynetimages.com/bbd0e758c6.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/61eba86fd2.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/65c5597b4b.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/6140543a5b.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/e293cf005c.jpg

'T' prefix indicates top view, & 'U' indicates underside view.
    The trigger in all pictures is to the left.

I have skipped past this thread, due to my lack of pistol interest. Then I clicked the photos and WoW

Get up here with that camera David!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I have skipped past this thread, due to my lack of pistol interest. Then I clicked the photos and WoW

Get up here with that camera David!!!!
    The pictures are very good it just me that's not I will put it away and try again at some point when I can bring myself to buy a third safety spring they certainly do fly across the room