Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Scorpion Pistol Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    This is interesting and most of what I read became Dutch....it seems very complex but I have 2 Scorpions that wont cock! Maybe things will become clearer on a third or fourth read....or maybe they are worth more as scrap metal!
    With apologies to Guy as I cannot answer his question. But I could comment on the 'won't cock' symptom here. I was given an old Scorpion some years ago and it would not cock ... quite literally the cocking action would not go all the way to engage the sears. On stripping the pistol all was clear ... the piston was jammed in the cylinder due to a disintegrated piston washer / buffer washer. It took a while to unjam the action but all was (reasonably) well after that, although I never did get the safety to work reliably.
    Cheers, Phil

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Thanks to the above few posts. It is not the indexing of the safety (I didn't mention that in my last post), The piston head/ buffer are ok and the long sear lines up with the little on ok. I have a spare long sear to try and see how that goes. The thing worked pretty well for years but I have always had my doubts about the housing. I remember asking about the whether you could do away with the safety when I joined the bbs. I reckon it is possible if you junk the shaft and then try to lock a screw in the hole, that has been cut short enough for the small sear to catch but not the front of the hammer.
    Anyone got a spare housing knocking about?
    A "Fingers crossed" update. I changed the big sear and the gun seems sorted. Putting the pin through the old and new sears didn't seem to show much difference at all, other than the upper surface of the old one had marks where the piston had rubbed. I may try to clean it up at some point but for now the new sear is fitted. I am wondering whether the pivot hole has gone a tiny bit out of round?
    Anyhow after a half shandy or 2, the soda water bottle caps were flying last night!
    Last edited by ggggr; 10-07-2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: update
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Help please in the kent area scorpion nightmares

I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place I'm new to all this I've posted few bits but been mostly reading from this site in the past couple of years and very helpfull too
    I have a bsa scorpion which after taking apart one time after a bit of tuning hum wish I'd left well alone now the safety spring fly off I ordered another but still didn't work so put aside for a year had another go a year later and still no luck that one flew off as well is there anyone from kent who has any first hand experience I've banged my head so many times trying to line it all up I feel the other spring inside the housing may need a little bending looks a funny shape now it's totally doing my head in

Sorry for any bad spelling or punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran07 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place I'm new to all this I've posted few bits but been mostly reading from this site in the past couple of years and very helpfull too
    I have a bsa scorpion which after taking apart one time after a bit of tuning hum wish I'd left well alone now the safety spring fly off I ordered another but still didn't work so put aside for a year had another go a year later and still no luck that one flew off as well is there anyone from kent who has any first hand experience I've banged my head so many times trying to line it all up I feel the other spring inside the housing may need a little bending looks a funny shape now it's totally doing my head in

Sorry for any bad spelling or punctuation
    Have a look at links in post #1

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Following on from a recent thread, here are some pictures of the trigger components in situ:

http://mynetimages.com/bbd0e758c6.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/61eba86fd2.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/65c5597b4b.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/6140543a5b.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/e293cf005c.jpg

'T' prefix indicates top view, & 'U' indicates underside view.
    The trigger in all pictures is to the left.

I have skipped past this thread, due to my lack of pistol interest. Then I clicked the photos and WoW

Get up here with that camera David!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I have skipped past this thread, due to my lack of pistol interest. Then I clicked the photos and WoW

Get up here with that camera David!!!!
    The pictures are very good it just me that's not I will put it away and try again at some point when I can bring myself to buy a third safety spring they certainly do fly across the room

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    This is interesting and most of what I read became Dutch....it seems very complex but I have 2 Scorpions that wont cock! Maybe things will become clearer on a third or fourth read....or maybe they are worth more as scrap metal!
    If you've lived a good life, as a Christian, you'll just have a couple of degraded buffer washer's to sort out.
    If you haven't, you degenerate swine, something's gone wrong in the trigger block & now you're royally stuffed.

I only speak from experience.

I've now added the photographs to this old thread, as my sig. site is no longer available.