Thread: Red Dot Info Wanted

Red Dot Info Wanted

Can anybody please give me a review for the following sight ;

Nikko Sterling Diamond XT Speed Sight Red Dot. (NOT the XT2 or XT3)

Have spent hours searching the web and cannot find a proper spec' or a review

Is it worth £140.00? (rrp is £176.00)

Can only source an XT at "opticswarehouse" who cannot get the XT2 or XT3 because Highland Outdoors the importers do not have them even though they advertise them.......Heeeeelp

Alternatively what other quality scope will do the job for that kind of budget?? Will be using it for pistol FT and some paper target.

I have just had a look at this sight on the website you mention and as you say there is no technical info on it,other than it has optical quality glass. It ought to have a very small m.o.a. dot for that price, but with no info I would be dubious in parting with that amount of cash. It would appear to be rugged enough for firearms use , but if you are using it on air guns then you are paying a premium for features that you don`t need.
    I have had good performance from red dot sights for under £50.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    I have just had a look at this sight on the website you mention and as you say there is no technical info on it,other than it has optical quality glass. It ought to have a very small m.o.a. dot for that price, but with no info I would be dubious in parting with that amount of cash. It would appear to be rugged enough for firearms use , but if you are using it on air guns then you are paying a premium for features that you don`t need.
    I have had good performance from red dot sights for under £50.
    Pete.
    Cheers Pete.
    Have just blasted Highland Outdoors with an email complaining about lack of info and the fact that they are advertising products that they do not seem to carry.......they have the XT but not the XT2 or XT3 and the XT3 is at least a couple of years old so i don't know whats going on with them

Pete

I've actually got one.....

It's quite a nice thing. very compact. I have it on a long barrelled buckmark pistol. have to take a bit of care when sighting it in as the adjustments need to be made quite finely once you have got it near the mark.
    Probably other red dots that work just as well .I'm pleased with mine and people often comment on it's neatness at my club.

Hope that is some help.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Waves View Post
    It's quite a nice thing. very compact. I have it on a long barrelled buckmark pistol. have to take a bit of care when sighting it in as the adjustments need to be made quite finely once you have got it near the mark.
    Probably other red dots that work just as well .I'm pleased with mine and people often comment on it's neatness at my club.

Hope that is some help.
    Andrew.
    Thanks for this Andrew Have PMd you.
    Pete

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Have a look here:-

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...ed-dot-sights/

I use the silver jsr superdot on my modded 2240. I can regulary hit a 4'' square metal target at 40 yds using this.

Any of his red dots will be fine for your use. Also he is the site sponsor so it would be polite to buy from him
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Been toying with one myself. Another owner on this thread. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....tandard-sights