Thread: Alfa Proj CO2 bulk fill

Alfa Proj CO2 bulk fill

Just got an Alfa Proj classic CO2, I've done a bit of googling about what bottle to use to bulkfill. I've read soda stream bottles don't fit and that Hambleton Bard S30 bottles do. Has anyone got any experience on this, what do you use? I've got a fire extinguisher and charging rig I use to fill my bulkfill 78 so an adaptor with a foster nipple over the end of the bulk fill adaptor would be ideal. Or a small bottle with an adaptor to charge from my extinguisher would be even better. Any advice on what fits, is it possible to fill the Hambledon bottle yourself, who'd be able to manufacture the adaptor or even just let me know what the male thread on the bottom of the bulkfill adaptor is and I'll source an adaptor. I take it that the CO2 pressure on the bottom of the bulkfill adaptor pushes the valve off its seat and allows the CO2 into the gun? So a simple female adaptor with a foster nipple is all I would need?
    Modded Ratty. 22

A Tau filling bottle, thats 150grm bottles, might fit.
    Than you only need the bulkfill adapter.
    But most use a fire extinguisher.
    ATB,
    yana

Bulk fill

The S30 canister just screws onto the gun direct. For my Aeron B96 I invert the gun and connect. After about 20 seconds I release the safety on the gun and fire two shots as per instructions. Keeping gun inverted and connected for about another minute (with safety back on) then just uncouple. All this said the instructions on the S30 say not to connect for more than a one second burst otherwise the valve can freeze open. Hasn't happened to me yet. Remember to have the gun cocked while filling or your CO" will just vent from the open breech.