Just acquired one of these guns. Oiled walnut stock, very easy to cock, and trigger which is "decent enough" - by which I mean that the first stage is creepy but not heavy, and the second stage is completely creep free and very very crisp, if you can ignore the first stage - simple, as once taken up, it does not reset, so you could consider the movement as a setting of the trigger - then the trigger is very nice indeed.

Couple of q's

The ones I have seen have had an Anschutz diopter. Mine has an Anschutz open rearsight (confusingly also marked Theoben). Would this be an original fitment?

Second - anyone know whether the barrel shroud is easily removable? I have not tried anything yet, just got the gun, I'm suspecting that a grub screw may be underneath the foresight assy (by Parker Hale) and removing the foresight dovetail block will enable the shroud to be removed, a' la' Diana 48/52.

Third - there seems to be a torsion spring http://www.irvinesprings.com/torsion_springs.htm at the cocking lever pivot but it's end does not contact anything, however it becomes progressively more exposed as the gun is cocked. It sticks out basically. What is this spring for, and is the preceding correct operation?

Thanks!