Thread: Club Instructor course

Club Instructor course

Hello Folks

On Saturday May 19th, Trevor Haynes (a regional coach based in the midlands) will be running a Club Instructor course at Blackburn Rifle and Pistol Club. This is the official NSRA course and leads to participants being certified by the nsra as club instructors. It will run from 09:00 to 17:30 and will cost £60 including the nsra manual. In order to be certified by the nsra, participants will need to be members of the nsra and hold an RCO certificate – we will run an RCO course near the time if there are any participants who require an RCO certificate (its 3 hours in an evening).

For further details or to apply for a place on the course, please reply to this thread or PM me

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neal,

That sounds like a good qaulification to have. I already have my RCO, so I guess I need to pay for this course and another eighty quid to the NSRA to become an individual member?

If you can confirm this I will see whats inside my piggy bank.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hello There

Yes - if you have your RCO (from the last course at Blackburn if I remember correctly) all you need is membership of the nsra. I'm not sure so I'll check next week but associate membership may be enough and it is aot cheaper (£54 I think)

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil-Carter View Post
    Hello There

Yes - if you have your RCO (from the last course at Blackburn if I remember correctly) all you need is membership of the nsra. I'm not sure so I'll check next week but associate membership may be enough and it is aot cheaper (£54 I think)

Neil
    That would ease the pain a little, so please let me know when you have clarification on this question and maybe if it is answered here on BBS it may help more clubs to consider nominating a suitable candidate.

This can only be good for the sport and I hope the course is well attended.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

You don't need to be an individual member of the NSRA to do the courses but if want the official certification and insurance coverage you need to join as an individual.

Alan

I've just completed this course today, it really does give a much broader understanding of how to introduce people to shooting. I can fully recommend it, thanks to Jill Norman for taking it.

Adrian

Now RCO, YPS and Club Instructor.

....all I have to do now is to learn to shoot.....
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    You don't need to be an individual member of the NSRA to do the courses but if want the official certification and insurance coverage you need to join as an individual.

Alan
    Hi Alan

Thanks for clearing that one up - yes you can attend the course without nsra membership. I'd also like to clarify that this is a course of pistol shooting

Many thanks

Neil

Hello Folks

There are a couple of places left on this course but applications will close on Tuesday

Thanks

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil-Carter View Post
    Hello Folks

There are a couple of places left on this course but applications will close on Tuesday

Thanks

Neil
    PM sent Neil

Thanks,
    Rob

Talking Thanks!

Neil,

Thanks for organising this - extemely useful & informative course.

Please keep me in mind if you intend to run the rifle instructor course.

Cheers again,

Drew

I would like to mirror Drew's comments.

Extremely good course, loads of useful information and tips e.g. don't put 17 pellets in one pistol

I've now got lots of ideas to experiment with.

I too would be interested in a rifle course (I think Kevin is the chap to speak to about this)

Cheers Neil and onwards and upwards to the coaching course in the not too distant future.

All the best

Mark