Thread: Advice Most Welcomed

Advice Most Welcomed

I have a FWB 300s air rifle and the rear diopter sight has broken with the alloy body breaking cleanly where a pin that holds one side together is. I wondered if anyone knows of any replacement rear diopter sights that fit my 300s. I have a centra screw in eye piece that fitted the original FWB diopter sight and wondered if this would screw into other diopter sights. I have seen an Air Arms 200 rear diopter for sale for around the £30 price tag and wondered if this maybe ok. The rifle is in good usable condition but I dont really want to spend hundreds of pounds on a diopter as I may as well put the money towards a newer rifle or is there some glue or weld paste that I could try and repair the original diopter. Thanks for any advice.

There are a lot of 300S out there, and a very good chance of buying a genuine used FWB diopter here on BBS to replace your broken one.

I have recently bought a spare diopter for my Original Model 75 by asking if anyone had one for sale here on BBS Target/Competition section, and was fortunate enough to find one fairly quickly.

In the worst case that nobody has one they would like to sell to you, it would be possible to get the main diopter body alloy-welded to make a repair. If you can find a model engineer or somebody used to working on a small scale then you should be OK.

I am not sure just how good an adhesive joint would be, but if I did go that route I would use the original 24 hour Araldite epoxy resin as I have found it is still the best epoxy for sheer strength. Once the glued area has been reassembled carefully, it should be held together and left alone until it drys. I use masking tape to hold the parts together and found it to work remarkably well.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Just look at the rail size. If its 11mm, there's lóts of choice in peep sights, from Anschutz etc as well.
    Normally, those iris inserts screw in in mostly any known peep sight.
    The peep sight of AA is a Gamo sight iirc. Allthough they're decent, its a stap báck from yr original FWB one.
    On egun.de there always are lots of peep sights for sale.
    ATB,
    yana