Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Mk 3 Scope advice.

Hi

I have a steel Weaver scope but with a 1" tube (think it's a 2.5x mag scope) but unfortunately it has a huge chip out of the Ocular lens

I have an old scope with a lens of the same diameter but it's nigh on impossible to retaining ring off (nothing to grip)...

It's a shame as the image quality is very good and the scope is in fantastic blued condition otherwise

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hi John,

That is a shame - its a good looking scope.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yes very good advice, I have had 2 Mark 3,s in the past that had this problem. The Niko scope you mention is very good i have one on my Haenel 302, works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Hi zooma,
    as regards silva's suggestion of a Weaver tube 'scope I bought one recently and can confirm it gives a better image than the old Nikko Sterling 4 x 20 types, but not quite as bright as a modern Hawke or Nikko 4 x 32. I got it for about £18 from Protek Supplies, they seem to regularly have older 'scopes on their website.

torrens
    Thanks - I will give them a call when they open tomorrrow to see if they have anything sjuitable.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.