Thread: Stolen Gun Register

Stolen Gun Register

Suggestion to Mods

1. Would it be a good idea to have a stolen gun register/sticky so that folks who have equipment stolen can get to an area of the shooting community to report it and others can check it. This is only any good if people actually get off their big fat hairies and record the details of their rifles/pistols/scopes etc. It coulde be done by make/model/serial/ID fotos

2. Would it also be a good idea to have sales of shooting equipment that has a serial number on it - that the serial number is shown in the sales thread ? This suppoerts the above and allows folks to check out history with makers without having to bug one and all

3. As detailing your fine equipment in your signatures is risky......would it be good to recomend that people refrain from doing so as they are advertising on a public forum often detailing calibres, scopes indicating approx location even piccies
    Last edited by Steyr; 24-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Hi Steyr , while a great idea i would imagine the Mods/Admin have enough on their plates
    already,!!!!!!!
    regds brian

I like the idea of a sticky to record stolen items, but it would only take a simple mistake to cause untold trouble for someone innocent with a similar ser no.