Thread: Diana Model 100

Diana Model 100

Does anyone have a handbook for a Diana Model 100, or an Original Model 100 handbook to sell or copy for me please?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Model 100 - very rare?

I am beginning to think this is going to be a dificult rifle to keep alive in the future.

There are no spare parts available for it, and nobody seems to have any information about it either - apart from the very helpful exploded parts diagram Garvin managed to find and contribute to the last thread we had about the Model 100 on the BBS.

Perhaps owning one of these rifles is a bit of a liabilty for regular use as the first time it fails and needs any important parts may be the last time it can be used.

Most rifles have a bit more information and knowledge available to support them and keep them working and fit.

The Model 100 does not share any parts that I can see with its predecessor the Model 75 - a rifle that does enjoy good support and has a good spare parts supply.

I find it very strange that this newer model has become the "forgotten" Diana - a model with no spares support when compared with even the earliest M&G models.
    Last edited by zooma; 22-04-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: It was GARVIN - sorry for the typo!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I am beginning to think this is going to be a dificult rifle to keep alive in the future.

There are no spare parts available for it, and nobody seems to have any information about it either - apart from the very helpful exploded parts diagram Gareth managed to find and contribute to the last thread we had about the Model 100 on the BBS.

Perhaps owning one of these rifles is a bit of a liabilty for regular use as the first time it fails and needs any important parts may be the last time it can be used.

Most rifles have a bit more information and knowledge available to support them and keep them working and fit.

The Model 100 does not share any parts that I can see with its predecessor the Model 75 - a rifle that does enjoy good support and has a good spare parts supply.

I find it very strange that this newer model has become the "forgotten" Diana - a model with no spares support when compared with even the earliest M&G models.
    It wasn't Gareth....

I came to the same conclusion, Bob, when I was collecting the "classic" 10m match rifles some years ago. The support for it was lacking, the early ones had a design flaw, and the trigger mechanism was reportedly fiendishly complicated. If it wasn't for there being equally accurate, simpler constructed models out there it might be worth taking a punt on but while there are FWB 60x rifles out there at relatively low prices, it seems a no brainer to go for them instead.

By the way, I look forward to hearing about your source of spare parts for the earliest M&G models. You couldn't get me a cocking lever for a Diana Dolphin, by any chance?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The forgoten Diana rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    It wasn't Gareth....

I came to the same conclusion, Bob, when I was collecting the "classic" 10m match rifles some years ago. The support for it was lacking, the early ones had a design flaw, and the trigger mechanism was reportedly fiendishly complicated. If it wasn't for there being equally accurate, simpler constructed models out there it might be worth taking a punt on but while there are FWB 60x rifles out there at relatively low prices, it seems a no brainer to go for them instead.

By the way, I look forward to hearing about your source of spare parts for the earliest M&G models. You couldn't get me a cocking lever for a Diana Dolphin, by any chance?
    Sorry Garvin!

....but thanks for your observations!

I was hoping you (and others) would disagree strongly with my conclusions and also point out an obvious source of spare parts and information that I have failed to find!

The previous two threads that were about the Model 100 also failed to gain much attention or comment, and although I find it unbelievable - it does appear that the very last attempt at producing a competetive match air rifle by M&G has been largely ignored, and yet I understand it was in production for several years and included not only the orginal design production, but also a Mk 2 variant as well.

Does anyone know how many Mk1 and Mk 2 rifles were actually made during this fairly extended production period?......and more importantly - where did they all go and where are they now?

The rifle shoots very well when compared with my 601, 300S, Model 75, LGR and Annie 380 rivals from the same group of "Classic" match air rifles - so why did it fail?

By the time the rifle was released the M&G brand had gained a lot of enthusiastic support for the Giss system match rifles, and so it is a bit of a surprise that they failed to keep the brand loyalty for their newer model.

Maybe it was too expensive, or maybe it just "misssed the boat" as the trend had already moved on to the PCP rifles - something that M&G never persued?

www.druckluftwaffenonline.de has a (copy)manual for sale.
    He's always expensive with shipment though, and he doesnt understand english.
    He dóes sent abroad though
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    www.druckluftwaffenonline.de has a (copy)manual for sale.
    He's always expensive with shipment though, and he doesnt understand english.
    He dóes sent abroad though
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

There are no spare parts available for it, and nobody seems to have any information about it either - apart from the very helpful exploded parts diagram Garvin managed to find and contribute to the last thread we had about the Model 100 on the BBS.

Perhaps owning one of these rifles is a bit of a liability for regular use as the first time it fails and needs any important parts may be the last time it can be used.

I have refurbished 2 Model 100 Originals this year, so they are about. One of the refurbs was a leaking problem between the threads around the cylinder going into the valve housing. The other was a full service, first time it's had a spanner on it since the rifle was purchased new around 1991ish.

It's usually the valve seal that gives up first, especially if the rifle has been standing for some time. A FWB 600 Valve seal is the answer, perfect fit!

I do have some photo's from when I did the cylinder strip, There are about 20 or so; I would post them but things don't come up on my pc like they used too so I'm baffled
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I have refurbished 2 Model 100 Originals this year, so they are about. One of the refurbs was a leaking problem between the threads around the cylinder going into the valve housing. The other was a full service, first time it's had a spanner on it since the rifle was purchased new around 1991ish.

It's usually the valve seal that gives up first, especially if the rifle has been standing for some time. A FWB 600 Valve seal is the answer, perfect fit!

I do have some photo's from when I did the cylinder strip, There are about 20 or so; I would post them but things don't come up on my pc like they used too so I'm baffled
    Those pictures could be very helpful - let me know when you have figured-out your computor.

Thanks - Bob.