Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw45.20

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    What can .22 do that .20 cannot? What can .20 do that .177 cannot?

No, you're right! We should all use the same calibre.
    I'm not arguing that at all. If you have restricted power-which we do for legal limit rifles and pistols-you restrict the velocity and therefore the trajectory of the pellet. With FAC rifles you can boost the MV so heavier pellets become useable at velocities which are pretty flat..
    You use what you like. i like as flat as possible in legal limit and as hard hitting as possible with predictable trajectory for FAC . This means I would only consider .25 at power levels over 40 ft lb because the best pellet for .25 is the Baracuda.
    To me a .25 pistol is a waste of lead. You are of course free to disagree.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I'm not arguing that at all. If you have restricted power-which we do for legal limit rifles and pistols-you restrict the velocity and therefore the trajectory of the pellet. With FAC rifles you can boost the MV so heavier pellets become useable at velocities which are pretty flat..
    You use what you like. i like as flat as possible in legal limit and as hard hitting as possible with predictable trajectory for FAC . This means I would only consider .25 at power levels over 40 ft lb because the best pellet for .25 is the Baracuda.
    To me a .25 pistol is a waste of lead. You are of course free to disagree.

Totally agree.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I have an HW45 with all four barrels, 177, 20, 22 and 25.
    The 22 suits me best but, the 25 sure sends Coke cans flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Come on that man, .25!

By the way, what are the .25 characterisitcs of the .25? Is it really as loopy in pistol format to shoot as some might say? What ranges etc, thanks.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    Come on that man, .25!

By the way, what are the .25 characterisitcs of the .25? Is it really as loopy in pistol format to shoot as some might say? What ranges etc, thanks.

If tuned to near full power (which should be easy with a .25) and zeroed to 12yds, it's flat-ish to 15yds with a 2" drop at 20 yds. Thats compared to the same power .22 jsb exact which will be 1.6" down at 20 yards. Thats only .4" difference people!! Hardly the rainbow trajectory the doom- mongers would have us believe.
    With open sights against coke cans thats point and shoot over the whole range.

We're not talking precision 50yd shots here and .25 is just fun!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    you just love pistols don't you Phil!!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

.25 cal Hw45 sounds like PURE FUN !!!!

Pistol shooting is about having FUN it doesn't have to be all about Olympic Match accuracy, Chairgun, trajectory, etc , etc

I've just joined the Fast Fire Club with a 1911 Witness you should my silly grin !

Next stop ...... a boingy pistol

Have fun chaps
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

If tuned to near full power (which should be easy with a .25) and zeroed to 12yds, it's flat-ish to 15yds with a 2" drop at 20 yds. Thats compared to the same power .22 jsb exact which will be 1.6" down at 20 yards. Thats only .4" difference people!! Hardly the rainbow trajectory the doom- mongers would have us believe.

Excellent!

Who or how was it tuned? Getting interested in this cal.

Thanks for that tb, I think you got it about right

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    you just love pistols don't you Phil!!!

Too true Nick, I know my limitations. Anyone can be taught to shoot a pistol but I beleive riflemen are born riflemen

Quote Originally Posted by tayloriand View Post
    .25 cal Hw45 sounds like PURE FUN !!!!

Pistol shooting is about having FUN it doesn't have to be all about Olympic Match accuracy, Chairgun, trajectory, etc , etc

I've just joined the Fast Fire Club with a 1911 Witness you should my silly grin !

Next stop ...... a boingy pistol

Have fun chaps
    Enjoy

Good luck, Phil

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    Excellent!

Who or how was it tuned? Getting interested in this cal.
    In .177 it's around 4.5ft/lb and 5ft/lb in .22. In .25 if the spring is the same I'd expect nearly 5.5 out of the box. A simple degrease, polish and lube should have it pretty much sorted.

The points made about pellet cost are valid and practically speaking its a ridiculous idea, but it will be fun.

Using a recoiless .177 rhom trainer on cans gives you no indication you've shot anything. You have to check the cans for holes to see if you've hit it as they zip straight through. With a .22 springer this is improved in every way and the cans fall over.

My experience of a .25 is with an old supersport, and that flung the cans around like a goodun! That's why I'd consider this for short range plinking.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Got me interested too. I have some decent pirstols including a Rohm, Alfa Proj (air), Falcon (Vmach .22) and more and sometimes I miss the 'drama' of targets being flung all over the place.

Very intresting, i have a 45 in .177 and also with a spare .20 bareel, have to fit her and see what happens.