Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parker hale 16 aperture sight

parker hale 16 aperture sight

hi all ,sorry i know this is an old chestnut,a friend showed me a parker hale 16[yes just 16 no letter after it] aperture rear sight last night.i know from doing a search on here that the one fitted to the webley mk3 supertarget is the ph16m.my friends sight looks very simular to a ph16m[found a photo when i did the search] but there must be a difference .anyone know what it is?any info would be much appreciated..thanks..greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Hi Greasemonkey,

The PH16 was intended to fit a number of different rifles and each variation was identified by a letter, as you have eluded. I once looked at a PH16 alongside a Mark 3 and at a rough glance, there was not enough windage adjustment laterally if the sight was fitted to a Mark 3.

John

Hi

I have a Mk3 Webley with a PH16 aperture sight fitted

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

With the eye bell removed..

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Yup- It has a brass screw fitted to it

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi all ,sorry i know this is an old chestnut,a friend showed me a parker hale 16[yes just 16 no letter after it] aperture rear sight last night.i know from doing a search on here that the one fitted to the webley mk3 supertarget is the ph16m.my friends sight looks very simular to a ph16m[found a photo when i did the search] but there must be a difference .anyone know what it is?any info would be much appreciated..thanks..greasemonkey

There is one on da bay at the moment and I think that is just a 16

hi,thanks to all who replied to the thread,all info much appreciated.i will try and borrow this sight and offer it up to my classic british springer collection and see what it could fit out of interest,as you say john many guns could be fitted with theses sights.i found a BSA sportsman five rimfire with a ph16 fitted on the internet.one of these little beeezers was my first ever rimfire back in 1973.happy days..cheers all..greasemonkey

i've a few Mk3 supertargets, and they have 17b model sights...i've not personally seen a 16m on one before, so I think they are a little less common

hi all,just an update on the ph16 sight.i borrowed it from my friend,and tried it against some of my guns.john was correct, it has insufficient adjustment to be used on a webley mk3,also bsa light pattern,bsa breakdown pattern ,bsa standard.would suit a small diameter tube like say a bolt action rimfire,,,,cheers..greasemonkey

Thanks for that info greasemonkey! Testament to the time travelling powers of this great forum! I was looking at ph16 sights until I read this post.
    Donald

Although John Had one fitted to one of his Mk3's! Any chance you could put up some pictures again? I Happen to have 2 of these PH16's, planning to fit one of them on my mk3 as one of the many winter projects. Seems possible to tweak it a bit and make it fit. Need to tap the screwholes in the rifle as well. Futher suggestions concerning fitting a PH16 are welcome.

ph16.

The PH16 wasmade for the B.S.A. Sportsman and similar bolt action rifles, they whant through 16 c,d,e,f,j,k,n, and of cause m for mk.3. Webley.

Here are a couple of pages of No.16 information from the Parker Hale 1954 catalogue:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Although John Had one fitted to one of his Mk3's! Any chance you could put up some pictures again? I Happen to have 2 of these PH16's, planning to fit one of them on my mk3 as one of the many winter projects. Seems possible to tweak it a bit and make it fit. Need to tap the screwholes in the rifle as well. Futher suggestions concerning fitting a PH16 are welcome.
    Hi Dutch

Those pics I posted before were in Photobucket, They told me that I was infringing copyrights when I posted pics of my own Tag Heuer F1 clock so I deleted everything and closed the account!!

Some pics..

The eyebell was missing on mine, A work mate (Kamag on here) found one in his parts bin, I think he said it came from an Anschutz but it fitted perfectly, The aperture is adjustable too!!

BTW, Mine is a PH-16M..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Hi Dutch,

I have attached a few images of the PH16M. One of the rifles is incomplete sadly.

Hope they help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MN6gppTfWwFqcdga7

Kind regards,

John

Thnx Guys, good detailed insights! the challenge was actually to fit a PH-16 (non M) on a Mk3. I guess its searching for a proper PH16M then, unless anyone has succeeded in doing so? maybe with a bit of metal work it is possible.