Thread: How to finish a HW95 stock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to finish a HW95 stock?

Recently bought a spare stock to allow me to refinish the tired original. It's nothing special just a standard beech stock that has some checkering to the pistol grips. The used one I bought is plain ie no checkering but will make a usefull spare.

Anyway back to the original which I have spent most of the weekend stripping, I am pleased with the results so far it's stripped and sanded and I have ironed out 2 small dents. I will continue to sand with progressively finer paper then fine wire wool.

Now for the advice, I am looking to finish it to as near as a standard Weihrauch finish as possible, what do people suggest I use process/products? Any advice,opinions and links will be appreciated.

hey if your after checkering tools google midway uk not cheap but bought myself a set and very happy with results so far

ATB

Thanks Peter I will look into checkering when I have finished this stock and make a start on the spare which is currently on the gun as the spare is without any checkering at all

Complete stock finishing kit here?-

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/655...kit-bctosfkit/
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014

Thanks for the pics Harry.

Stock is sanded but i am not completely happy with the finish. Their appears to be some residue of the original stain that has penetrated into the wood. I dont want to sand very much more so i think i need to chemically clean the wood and i am thinking about bleaching it or using a solvent such a white spirit/turps does anyone have any thoughts on this?