Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMMG AR15 .22LR Mk4 Evo - Lanner Tactical Version

CMMG AR15 .22LR Mk4 Evo - Lanner Tactical Version

Life so far with my CMMG AR15 .22 rimfire has been great the gun itself is very well made, I ordered it from Paul at Lanner Tactical after visiting him and handling a few AR's in various configurations.

the spec of the gun is as follows

Stainless Steel Forward Assist Equipped Action
    Black Phosphated Collar
    Magpul BUIS Rear Sight
    Mil-spec upper and lower with Mil Spec Anodising
    1/16" twist barrel
    WASP finish barrel
    Carbon Steel Barrel
    A2 Front Sight Base
    Gas Deflector
    Live round extraction
    Anti-Jam Charging Handle
    A1 Flash Hider
    F Marked Front Sight Base
    Mil-Spec Forward Assist
    Anti-Jam charging handle
    Mil-spec diameter buffer tube with spring and buffer
    25 round mag with last shot bolt hold open follower
    Lifetime warranty

Straight out of the box I was achieving sub 1" groups with CCI and Winchester super x ammo at 55 yards, it didn't like T22's or the cheap, dirty Aquila italian ammo, so can be ammo fussy just like any other .22

I initially had my simmons 1.5-5x20 WTC scope on but found the A post was in view and when shooting in low light was making the sight picture a little murky so I got some higher mounts and fitted a cheap Hawke 3-9x50 mildot scope on it which made a world of difference, all clear and still getting sub 1" grouping at 50+ yards. The Pulsar N550 sits very well on the picatinny rails and I also achieved sub 1" groups when using that too

I've put 400+ rounds through it so far and not a single jam even with winnie subs.

I got an A-Tec rimfire mod on Musketts recommendation and it's great, make the rifle nice & quite (cheers Muskett) and looks good too.

All in all a very nice rifle to use, I've had a few bunnies with it already and look forwards to many years of using it, the service I received from Paul has been second to non and I would recommend anyone considering buying an AR to speak with Paul

Nice review Ady.

I'm looking at getting one of these myself, and these sort of reviews only make me more determined.

Are you putting any pics on?

Just a quick couple of questions; is the one you bought, the standard CMMG, and how long did you have to wait?

Cheers. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
    Nice review Ady.

I'm looking at getting one of these myself, and these sort of reviews only make me more determined.

Are you putting any pics on?

Just a quick couple of questions; is the one you bought, the standard CMMG, and how long did you have to wait?

Cheers. Paul
    Yes it was the standard version, wasn't sure what I wanted to add to it at first so started with a blank canvas so to speak

I waited a couple months as I ordered mine just as Paul sold out, One lucky bugger ordered the last one and waited a couple of weeks - depends how far into the ordering process you get the ball rolling - best speak to Paul as I can't really comment on how long you would expect to wait on future orders

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R15/AR15-1.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R15/AR15-7.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R15-N550-3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...15/AR15-10.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t-N550-35y.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adymorris View Post
    Yes it was the standard version, wasn't sure what I wanted to add to it at first so started with a blank canvas so to speak

I waited a couple months as I ordered mine just as Paul sold out, One lucky bugger ordered the last one and waited a couple of weeks - depends how far into the ordering process you get the ball rolling - best speak to Paul as I can't really comment on how long you would expect to wait on future orders

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R15/AR15-1.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R15/AR15-7.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R15-N550-3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...15/AR15-10.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t-N550-35y.jpg
    Thanks for the pics Ady,

Nice looking piece of kit, and I'm liking the accuracy.... How far was that, and which ammo??

I think a trip to Harrogate beckons.

Cheers. Paul

Thank you for the review! Was really undecided about getting one of these over a 1022, as I am really after something that feels like an AR15 I think its a no brainer (even in the CMMG is around 4 times the price ). Would be good if you could update this review a couple of months down the line to see how its going.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
    Thanks for the pics Ady,

Nice looking piece of kit, and I'm liking the accuracy.... How far was that, and which ammo??

I think a trip to Harrogate beckons.

Cheers. Paul

That target was CCi at 35 yards, I have a winchester one at 55 yards which it similar

CCI standard velocity and winchester subs

Paul recommends running it in with CCI standard velocity then move onto subs

Quote Originally Posted by PCal View Post
    Thank you for the review! Was really undecided about getting one of these over a 1022, as I am really after something that feels like an AR15 I think its a no brainer (even in the CMMG is around 4 times the price ). Would be good if you could update this review a couple of months down the line to see how its going.
    This is an AR so tick that box - lol

By the time you spend money on a 10/22 the rule of thumb seems to be it will be at least half the price before you see tight groupings if not a little more so £850 is not that much more for a real AR15

Update on the AR15...

Well it just gets better... got the Pulsar fixed and zeroed in to 70 yards, also zeroed an spare hawke mildot I had laying around and fitted it with quick release mounts, did a bit of scope swapping over the last week and all zeros still held, been out with it a few times over the last two weekends and shot loads of rabbits up to 80 yards, ideally need to get a shorter magazine as it's a little fiddley out of a vehicle, that's the only thing I can find wrong with it and it's not really a fault as such; more ergonomics. It's deadly with the pulsar on it, they don't know what's hit em. All in all still very impressed with the rifle and very accurate

Quote Originally Posted by adymorris View Post
    ideally need to get a shorter magazine as it's a little fiddley out of a vehicle, that's the only thing I can find wrong with it and it's not really a fault as such; more ergonomics.
    This is the only quibble I have with mine, other than that I absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_J View Post
    This is the only quibble I have with mine, other than that I absolutely love it!
    Just emailed Paul re the shorter mags he was getting in, different style to the CMMG grey ones but shorter which is the main thing

You have the older version grey magazines. These are being discontinued to be superceded by the Evolution magazines, of which I have three of, and they are bloody marvelous! I run a CMMG .22 conversion bolt in my AR-15, plus the anti jam charging handle, forward assist adapter, and bolt hold open actuator. Everything works like a charm, it's like having two rifles in one! I still shoot open sights, but I can easily group about 1" - 1.5" at 50yds, and about 5" at 100yds. Overall CMMG make a great product that's going to deliver years of fun.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    You have the older version grey magazines. These are being discontinued to be superceded by the Evolution magazines, of which I have three of, and they are bloody marvelous!
    Yep, there the ones, we talked about the evo mags when I got the rifle, I preferred the look of the old style ones so got an extra one of them, they were out of stock of the short skinned 10 round ones which I need desperately for out the truck window as the 25 rounders are a couple of inches too long

The grey mags do look more authentic, and they work very well, but the green followers they have in them did not work the bolt hold open actuator in my rifle. I had my three older mags exchanged for the evolution type, and all was good. The waffle look of the evolution mags have grown on me, plus they are more substantial in construction, especially the feed lips which are metal.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    The grey mags do look more authentic, and they work very well, but the green followers they have in them did not work the bolt hold open actuator in my rifle. I had my three older mags exchanged for the evolution type, and all was good. The waffle look of the evolution mags have grown on me, plus they are more substantial in construction, especially the feed lips which are metal.

I must admit I've had a couple of instances where I've fired the last round, pulled the trigger again (not realizing I was out) then as I've pulled the mag the bolt has released on it's own accord so i've had to use the charging handle again as opposed to the bolt release button

Holy s*@t! Just checked out the price Lanner charges for the CMMG M4LE rifle - 900 quid! Seen them as cheap as $540 over here - rip off Britain is alive and well.

That's a good price for an AR15 over this side of the pond -