Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icon Arms Sig Sauer iP226 Long Barrel Pistol Review

Icon Arms Sig Sauer iP226 Long Barrel Pistol Review

I was invited up by the owner of Icon Arms http://www.iconarms.com/iP226.html, Mike Jakes, to review the iP226. I spent a whole day shooting with it and put 200-300 rounds through the gun, with wanting to get a LBP myself this was a great chance to not only make a video but to also try before I potential buy. The long and the short of it is that I absolutely loved it, it has a couple of issues which I discuss in the video but for quality and feel I don't think any LBP comes close. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUAovQCgxs

Mike also sat down with me and gave a full overview of the gun which can be seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3F6P56LoE
    BSA R-10 MK 2 0.177 Beretta 92FS 0.177
    Pigeons - 1 Squirrels - 1 Deer - 0.5

Good and useful review with lots of shooting - always welcome to see.

It's a great-looking little pistol, too, and is made like a SIG should be, hence the rather adventurous pricing. Is the 'moderator' really made of carbon-fibre?

If I was allowed to have any more I wouldn't hesitate for one minute to add it to my FAC, although 'over the way' I have one in 9mm Para. I only get to shoot that one a a couple of times a year, whereas this one......

Thanks for posting both parts.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by clc0608 View Post
    I was invited up by the owner of Icon Arms http://www.iconarms.com/iP226.html, Mike Jakes, to review the iP226. I spent a whole day shooting with it and put 200-300 rounds through the gun, with wanting to get a LBP myself this was a great chance to not only make a video but to also try before I potential buy. The long and the short of it is that I absolutely loved it, it has a couple of issues which I discuss in the video but for quality and feel I don't think any LBP comes close. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUAovQCgxs

Mike also sat down with me and gave a full overview of the gun which can be seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3F6P56LoE
    I have watched this video previously to coming on this forum, I found it very interesting. If i had the spare cash/slot i would have defiantly brought this pistol. I have seen it on gun trader recently for a lot of money.

I wonder how much the standard Sig .22 pistol is, is £1350 really warranted for a longer barrel and a bit of coat hanger.
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

Well., all I know is that they have sold out at the new Gander Mountain in Portland. Cost there was $539.99 instead of the regular price of $599.99.

Right now, that's £348.38.

Instead of the MRSP of £387.09.

There is no sales tax in Oregon, BTW. although that does not go far in explaining the $1500 difference in price.

Ah, hold on, THEY don't get the >12" barrel. moderator or coat-hanger, do they?

That must be it.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 21-05-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelG View Post
    I wonder how much the standard Sig .22 pistol is, is £1350 really warranted for a longer barrel and a bit of coat hanger.
    I picked my buckmark up for 495 with 9 mags. My dad has just brought a GSG 1911 for under £500 and they are amazing, so for the sig it is a lot of money but can't make up if it's worth it until I have had a chance to play with one.

Been trying to buy a Sig since the Phoenix at Bisley. Mike the owner of Icon does not pick up his phone or return any inquiries regarding the P226. I'm not the only one he's doing this to. Glad I did not buy one already, seems a few issues with the pistol as well as poor customer service, shame as it's a good looking pistol. Getting a Grand Power K22 instead.

Sig P226 Saga

The quality of the product is good ...... but, dealing with Icon Arms leaves a lot to be desired - extremely poor communication and problems with supply. I have one on order with deposit paid, but TBH wish I hadn't !

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    The quality of the product is good ...... but, dealing with Icon Arms leaves a lot to be desired - extremely poor communication and problems with supply. I have one on order with deposit paid, but TBH wish I hadn't !
    I bought a Grand Power X Trim instead of the Sig now. Couldn't be happier and the service from Caledonian Arms was spot on, thanks to Feroza. Sod Icon, get your deposit back and buy a pistol that works with enough spare cash for some ammo.

A member of our local club has one and asked me to test it for him.

The pistol is well made, comprising basically SIG parts assembled in the UK excepting the stainless steel barrel and light weight barrel shroud to comply with UK law (minimum 300mm) and the “coat hanger” rear extension again, to comply with UK law (600mm minimum overall length).

Whilst the pistol is capable of adequate accurate at 25m, as the pistol has been UK custom assembled, for the price, I would have expected a much better trigger to be fitted and help justify the staggering price that no doubt reflects the short production run and limited demand.

The club members pistol was returned several times for feed issues. As the supporting video mentions, S&K pistol magazine works adequately, it is my go-to ammo for .22 semi auto, it is a shame this was not mentioned to our club member!

Forget using lower velocity or slower burning pistol ammunition, odds on it will malfunction with a stove-pipe with the tight breach requiring too much energy from the previous round to then cycle complete the semi-auto cycle. Irrespective of the ammunition used, you need to keep the breach clean. A bent cleaning brush or pull through will help on range.

I loved the 226 when I have used them in the past, never found a more accurate pistol (for me), just a shame the cost so much

Apparently he's giving back all his deposits. Seems like he cannot fulfil orders anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    Apparently he's giving back all his deposits. Seems like he cannot fulfil orders anymore.
    I've heard this as well. There's a lot of rumors going around and I tried to contact Mike to clarify but I've heard nothing back along with everyone else that have tried to get in contact. Some are saying that the pistol contains section 5 parts and he's under investigation but this could be a load of rubbish.

It's a shame because I really did want one.

Unfortunately I don't anyone will be getting any more iP226s, Mike Jakes was killed at the weekend in a motorbike accident.

Mike Jakes

Very sad news.... my thoughts are with his family.

He was due to refund my deposit but didn't.