Thread: Rifle Basix trigger for CZ527

Rifle Basix trigger for CZ527

I just bought a new Rifle Basix trigger for my .223 CZ527 . The original was ok , I adjusted it so many times to make it less gritty and lighter but never was really happy with it.
    Ordered the new trigger from South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies and as usual it came next day. There was not much to it but it was a different shape to the original trigger and one piece made up what came as a number of bits with the original. The new trigger spring was much weaker as well.

I do like a light trigger but even for me it was too light on first try. This was soon fixed by screwing in the adjustment screw and it now breaks at a consistent 1.75 lbs. I find it much more consistent and know exactly when it is going to break, with no grittyness at all.

I would recommend one to anyone with a CZ527 as I can shoot better groups now than before and it seems easier to hit the target .
    On my first outing I had a very nice magpie at around 180yards using a fencepost as a restfor a standing shot.
    A very satisfying explosion of feathers from a centre breast shot was the result.

It would be too heavy at 1.75lbs for me, what does it go down to? Does it replace the set trigger on the cz?

12oz to 3lb on their web site. I have an lv1 k version on my rem.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

trigger

how much was the basix trigger please, atb ray

The trigger was around £75 . I have forgotten the exact amount, but its on SYSS website. It goes down to a very low weight where the slightest touch and its gone. I had to wind in the adjustment screw a fair way to make it go as heavy as it is.
    It has improved my shooting with the rifle that is all I can say.