Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
Nice read , if only me numbers would come up
I have to admit that I could not ordinarilly afford to cough up the thick end of 3k (the base rifle is circa £2500), but my wife is financially pretty switched on.

The plan was to save up, and I already had the Sigtron 8-32x56 LRTD and some saved.

She pointed out it would take a couple of years, during which the price of the cost of parts would go up, and the value of my savings would go down, so she found a small loan at very reasonable interest and suggested I go for it.

If Carlsberg made wifes!!

After an open class guy who shoots very well saying "jees, I only beat you by 1 point with a 4k rifle...you need to trade up mate and be proud of that score" I had to take the plunge having been well and truly bitten.

I think I was shooting with the oldest and least appropriate rifle in the club for F/TR, although a few years ago it would have been exactly what F/TR was all about.

I am lucky to be part of a very good club with a core of very good F, F/TR and bench rest shooters (The Dorset Riflemen). We have several British team members and the past World champ in F/TR, so there is plenty of experience to learn from.

Ian...see you sunday mate...bring the bog snorkelling kit!!