Thread: Yet another Tanfoglio Witness thread

Yet another Tanfoglio Witness thread

Yes - I have posted here many times with my tales of woe.

I have two of these and both have failed. To cut a long story short one has gone back to SMK/Cybergun the other was replaced by the dealer.

I have had the replacement for a week now and must have put at least 800 bbs through it. It has been great. It fires shot after shot with no problems- I love it.

The store I bought it from must have got them all from the same batch - so why does this one work when the other two failed?

I'll hold my hands up - I reused bbs. Collected with a magnet from the garage floor. I washed them before using but I guess that was not enough - I am admitting to being an idiot here.

My point? - NEVER EVER re-use bbs.

PaulR - hanging his head in shame.

No chance - I have spoken to them - they don't do the internet.

If by any chance they do decide to look here then, as a gentleman, I will, of course do the decent thing.

With a caveat (of course) - I am not convinced that reusing bbs was the SOLE reason for the pistols failures.
    Last edited by PaulR; 29-04-2012 at 07:04 PM.

I knew it!!
    Well done for owning up Paul.

To be fair you do have to be more gentle and precise with BB guns than pellet guns.
    Not least because what gets stuck in them is made of steel rather than lead.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I knew it!!
    Well done for owning up Paul.

To be fair you do have to be more gentle and precise with BB guns than pellet guns.
    Not least because what gets stuck in them is made of steel rather than lead.

What can I say?

Well I guess I can say that I did not know, before buying at a premium price - that C02 bb guns are SO sensitive - i.e. you have to take so much care. I was used to springers - charge and shove a pellet in the breech and fire.

One lives, one learns.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    I should say that I wasn't having a pop. I have looked at those pistols in a shop and they seemed decent for a bit of plinking.
    No worries - I didn't see it as a "pop" - we are good.

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    yes the tan wit is a strange beast at times, ,, i also reuse bb's no problems with that ,
    but i do notice that the diffrence in performance is in the magazines, 2 of mine are great , but 1 of them seems to be a bit weak , there are no leaks , but it wont cycle as good as the other 2 , dunno why , maybe the valve spring is a bit stronger or something .
    Getting Old