Thread: SYSS Trigger Kit In A CZ455 .17HMR

SYSS Trigger Kit In A CZ455 .17HMR

Got round to fitting this kit yesterday. The CZ trigger pull was 4.5 lbs and it was spoiling what a basically an excellent rifle.

Using the red tube and middle spring from the kit brought the pull down to 2.25 lbs, the lightest spring made it an amazingly crisp 20 oz pull with no creep or graunching.

One tip when fitting this kit to a CZ455, Before driving out the front trigger pin (the one that the brass tube goes over) put something through the frame to hold the top sear in the raised position. If you don't do this then the sear drops down when the pin is removed and the 4mm diameter detent ball pops out of position and is very awkward to get back.

If you do lose the ball (happens in 50% of the cases...) then don't worry. Pop down to your local cycle shop and buy a pack of 5/32" (3.97mm) ball bearings for a couple of pounds and you are back in business.......

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

......but the CZ 455 comes with a new adjustable trigger

TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Treebone View Post
    ......but the CZ 455 comes with a new adjustable trigger

TB.
    ALL the CZ45* triggers have been adjustable to some extent - doesn't mean they are any good and can't be improved
    Making waves since 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by JsE. View Post
    ALL the CZ45* triggers have been adjustable to some extent - doesn't mean they are any good and can't be improved
    Exactly.......

And for £14 posted from Roger Francis of SYSS and half an hour to fit it then it was a bargain to get a very, very good trigger.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

I have one friend with a trigger kit and one without.

The trigger it is well worth it, makes it a really nice trigger but not nice enough to swerve me away from aweihrauch to the cz!

I fitted one to my CZ455 - it made a heck of a difference and really improved the rifle.

I also fit one to my 455 but fit the medium one as any fit the light one and how is it . The medium is better than the original but is the light better than the medium one

I have two of these kits waiting to go on a 452 Style and a 455 thumbhole Varmint. I've fitted two of the old Eric Brooks ones to two 452s in the past and they made a heck of a difference. I was under the impression that, if you knocked the correct pin out to begin with (which in one case I didn't) the ball bearing won't come out. I have recollections of a lot of swearing and cursing trying to get the ****ing thing back together when I did it the wrong way round.
    Proud AG and AGW subscriber (and I'll call them ****ing comics if I want to!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Werb View Post
    I have two of these kits waiting to go on a 452 Style and a 455 thumbhole Varmint. I've fitted two of the old Eric Brooks ones to two 452s in the past and they made a heck of a difference. I was under the impression that, if you knocked the correct pin out to begin with (which in one case I didn't) the ball bearing won't come out. I have recollections of a lot of swearing and cursing trying to get the ****ing thing back together when I did it the wrong way round.
    Although the same kit fits the 452 and 455, the trigger designs are different, hence holding the top sear up on the 455 to stop the 4mm ball becoming displaced.

Neil