Thread: Anschutz 1710 (Picture Links Provided)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To uncock, I follow the procedure recommended in the manual. Firstly I set the safety on the bolt to the SAFE position, secondly pull the front trigger.

Yes, I can see why a 10/22 would better suit your hunting needs. Sadly, I don't yet have any hunting permissions, so I am restricted to target shooting at a club.

Well you could not have chosen a better tool for that, team it with came good quality mounts and optics, my mounts came from Sportsmatch. I did find the 10 shot clip was the one I used the most.

A

Eley Match

This morning I was trying out Eley Match. Weather conditions: light was very dull, and wind light with the odd gusts.

I was shooting at 100 yards, looking for grouping rather than bull's eyes.

This is my best card of 10 shots, and I got a nice group when the wind dropped. On this showing the gun is very accurate, and I'll have to improve to match it.

However, I did notice that the Eleys are less well lubricated than the S&K Rifle Match and Standard Plus. Out of a box of 50 I had 2 mis-feeds when the first bullet in the magazine would not enter the breech properly. I had to remove the magazine and reload the offending bullets. This was not a problem with either of the S&K boxes, which gave me no mis-feeds.

Next ammo test will be Lapua Center-X.

I have had mine for 5 years now and love it still. Mine has the Meister stock upgrade, a very nice bit of figured wood but it still gets used as a working gun Has a SAK and a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42AO which makes for a nice combination!!!!I liked using the 1710 so i bought the 1517 too!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Sounds like the ideal combination. The Meister stocks are lovely.

Did you get the barrel screw cut for the moderator?

Lapua Center-X test

Today was a good day for shooting. Although the conditions were dull and drizzly, the wind was light.

At the shooting club I set up for 100 yards with a table, and a front bag (UK benchrest shooting does not usually allow a rear support).

The results were very pleasing, with the Center-X grouping well.

My best card on this link got 10 shots in or touching the 1" 10-ring. That's the first time I have ever done this.

I had it witnessed, and will be keeping this card.

Next I will strive for 10 in the 10-X centre ring.

Quote Originally Posted by pintosal View Post
    Sounds like the ideal combination. The Meister stocks are lovely.

Did you get the barrel screw cut for the moderator?
    The barrel was already cut as i bought it S/H and put the SAK Black on plus the Burris. Cost me abit of money getting it all together but well worth it

John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Just being nosey, but what did the 1710 cost you? Mine was £725