Thread: "Old" Pellets

"Old" Pellets

I have found two lots of pellets in original containers from about 1980s and wondered if there is likely to be a market for them?

1 x Webley .22 Screw top tin with approx 250 pellets left

1 x Milbro Caledonian .177 box with 500 pellets
    Regards, Phil

Someone might buy them for collectable interest but I doubt anyone will shoot with them

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, depends on the type of tin if Webleys, if it is one of the black tins on the left, maybe £5-8 on that auction website (sometimes more, but there have been a fair few N.O.S. on there recently which seem to have killed off interest). Both a tin collector, or a person with a Webley pistol set who needs a tin to "fill the hole" are the likely buyers. They also work well "true" .22 older guns, ie. Webley Mk3's and Airsporters.

The Caledonians were a cheapish pellet at the time, and they don't seem to attract the prices of major names to collectors, but are fine for plinking out to 20 yards or so, again in older guns. Some people report they shoot very well at garden ranges, as good as most stuff, but out past 20 yards they will not stand up against more recent offerings. Value..£3-5 maybe going by recent sale completions.

With the bleedin' price of new pellets these days, I am quite happy to burn up old stuff like the cali's when messing about with knockdowns or tins etc. where pellet on pellet is not needed

As always, if you do shoot this old stuff, clean your barrel first, and get a few dozen shots through it to give them the best chance, you may get a pleasant surprise, especially at close range!

(all the below groups are 5 shots at ten yards with an old BSA mod D rested on a rolled up tent!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7616669873978/

I'm just searching for .22 Webley pellet tins for a Tempest custom wood carry case

appears there are many deviants..haha

the best i have so far are

Webley SPECIAL Waisted pellets----orange letters on paper label...early
    Webley SPECIAL Waisted Pellets ---red letters, painted tin...later
    both the above tins say ''Made in UK''

there are many on an auction site that have identical descriptions EXCEPT they say ...''made to Webley specifications'' and not ''Made in UK''

HTH ...john
    Air Arms TX200HC .177, Hawke AIRMAX 3-9x40 AO
    Air Arms S400F carbine .177, Hawke AIRMAX 4-12x40 AO

Can anyone give me a steer on what these pellets might be worth?
    Regards, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by discotwo View Post
    Can anyone give me a steer on what these pellets might be worth?
    ? Eddie did that already!

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi, depends on the type of tin if Webleys, if it is one of the black tins on the left, maybe £5-8 on that auction website (sometimes more, but there have been a fair few N.O.S. on there recently which seem to have killed off interest). Both a tin collector, or a person with a Webley pistol set who needs a tin to "fill the hole" are the likely buyers. They also work well "true" .22 older guns, ie. Webley Mk3's and Airsporters.

The Caledonians were a cheapish pellet at the time, and they don't seem to attract the prices of major names to collectors, but are fine for plinking out to 20 yards or so, again in older guns. Some people report they shoot very well at garden ranges, as good as most stuff, but out past 20 yards they will not stand up against more recent offerings. Value..£3-5 maybe going by recent sale completions.

With the bleedin' price of new pellets these days, I am quite happy to burn up old stuff like the cali's when messing about with knockdowns or tins etc. where pellet on pellet is not needed

As always, if you do shoot this old stuff, clean your barrel first, and get a few dozen shots through it to give them the best chance, you may get a pleasant surprise, especially at close range!

(all the below groups are 5 shots at ten yards with an old BSA mod D rested on a rolled up tent!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7616669873978/
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Sorry had another senior moment.......
    Regards, Phil

Regards, Phil