Thread: Webley Junior air rifle

Webley Junior air rifle

Just got handed an old "Webley Junior" rifle in .177 serial no 732. Gun belonged to my elderly neighbours father, rather shabby looking but cocks and fires.
    Anyone how old it may be and if it has any value.
    Thanks.

the Junior rifle was available from around the late 1940s up to the early 1960s (1962) when it was replaced by the Ranger and Jaguar models. As you will se, it is really a plinker and in fact shares many common parts with the Diana 22. Value depends, as ever, on condition. If by shabby you mean a neglected stock and rusty metalwork then the value may not be very much ... £30ish? In prime condition with all original parts maybe £50. I am guessing that yours is an earlier model. Generally, however, they tend to fetch a little more than the Ranger/Jaguar. They are a doddle to work on and new leather piston washer and breech seal are easily made, but you do need a little gizmo to remove the spring retaining sleeve.
    Cheers, Phil

Thanks for the reply Phil.
    Pics.

Junior

Hi

I have my Junior which was a present to me from my parents some fifty odd years ago!!!!

I have just renovated it for my Grandson when he is old enough!!!!

Yours appears to have the locking nut missing from the breech bolt.

I wouldn't part with mine for anything!!!

Oh, just for the record, I'm now 66!!!!!

I bought one from here a couple of years ago in very good condition indeed. It was £40.

Very much a "boys" rifle but surprisingly accurate. I collect Webleys both rifles and pistols and it makes a great addition to my collection.

I also bought a Webley Junior recently on BBS for £50 delivered.

It is a nice rifle that works well and shows its age - just like it should.

I may treat it to a makeover at some stage, but it is all there, working well and has no serious rust.

If I spend some time on the stock and give an update to the blue I could make it perfect - but is it worth it?

A welcome addition to my slowly growing Webley collection, and I am pleased I bought it.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for these rifles please? I have just aquired one and would like to makr sure that everything is working properly and give it a service. Thanks.

Not sure about a manual, but there is a strip down guide for the Junior / Jaguar / Ranger rifle in the Idiot's Guide over in Collectables. They are basically the same mechanism and strip procedure.
    Very easy to do.
    Cheers, Phil