View Poll Results: Which one has the best interal optics?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The leapers accushot range

1 4.76%
  • Bushnell legend range

20 95.24%

Thread: ? ? ?

Cory Crow Guest

? ? ?

Which would you say have the best internal optics?

sidewinders ??

Cory Crow Guest
    On the subject about scopes....i have just read on Airgununiverse...about the new Nikko stirling range called "nighteaters"!! They have nice spec's, and the prices dont seem to high!
    Has any one else hurd of them? Used? Seen?
    The spec that takes me fancy is the 4-16X50 30mm-side wheel-Mildot, but it aint got TRUE mil dots...there more spaced apart!

BUT, in this months AGW, on page 16-17 there is a few lines about them, and to the right there are 3 Nikko scopes and the top one looks like its got a IR Mildot aswell! Thats the one im looking for a price and where to buy from!

Any help

Speaking clarity wise, I have to say the Leapers comes out on top, but only once everything is set perfectly, otherwise you get a lot of fish-eye effect.

I voted Bushnell as the Legend is perfectly good enough and a lot less hassle. All IMO of course.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Cory Crow Guest
    Yea! the busnell legend 5-15X40 mildot...does look very good! i have found it for around £80-90 inc shipping. Any one found it cheaper?

Also are the mildots true?

Nutty_Squirrel Guest
    I seem to remember being told that the mildots aren't true. Spaced wider apart than usual.

IIRC they are true mil-dots but set to function at 15x mag...
    Far better than the spacing on the Leapers, but some practice at the range will sort it regardless.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Actaeon Guest
    The new 3-12x44 Leapers SWAT has 'true' mildots (if there is such a thing) at 12x mag they also have an IR version as well.

I have to vote for the Bushnell if only considering the optics. I prefer the Leapers on build quality though. The latest Busnells are Korean, and the build quality is iffy. No good having class glass if the turrets don't work properly, wiggle about, and "O" rings fall out! Saying that, the Leapers optics aren't too shabby themselves.