Thread: UK Sporting Rifle Challenge Results Round 1

UK Sporting Rifle Challenge Results Round 1

UK Sporting Rifle Challenge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first round of the new UK Sporting Rifle Challenge took place at Worcester today.

We were fortunate to have good weather & very little of the famous Worcester wind .

The event was very kindly sponsored by Solware and Brocock .

Jim Tyler was busy filming this event with his movie camera, so a fair few reputations will no doubt be ruined ...

Tom Morgans won the "Ass" of the day .

Iain Duncan won the "Worcester Black Rat" prize .

I was great to welcome so many first timers to our wonderful sport.

The organisers would like to thank every one who helped clear up afterwards, and all others who helped out.

Results :-

177 Sporting Rifle Class
    1) Mick Boswell 46
    2) Paula Johnson 40. . . . . . 1st Lady
    3) Clive Evans 39
    4) Will Levell 38
    5) Martin Peake 38
    6) Ben Lyddon 37
    7) Phil Tombs 37
    8) Ian Sheppard 36
    9) Lee Malpass 33
    10) Phil Jones 31
    11) Mark Russel 31
    12 ) Iain Duncan 30
    13) Ian Guy 27
    14) Peter Hackett 24
    15) Michael James 22

Recoiling Class
    1) Bob Clay 45
    2) Ian Treadwell 42
    3) Steve Whiting 42
    4) Mark Wragg 38
    5) Tye Forde 36
    6) Dave Clements 35
    7) Darrin Lynne 33
    8) John Holder 33
    9) Bryn Evans 28 . . . . . . 1st Junior
    10) Paul Harper 26
    11) Ed Trott 26 ( shooting a 25 calibre )
    12) Adam Morris 25

22 Sporting Class
    1) Tom Nelson 36
    2) Jason Scott 34
    3) Patrick Egan 31

Target Rifle
    1) Phill Johnson 51
    2) Ry Tombs 37
    3) Richard Davies 34

Open Sights
    1) Gerry Baillon 25
    2) Tom Morgans 20

Jed Clampit is offline Boomin' hell do I look that old???
    This was a really good day - what a great course.
    The smaller "hit zones" were a real challenge and the non positional shots were superb - It really showed how reliant i've become on a peg to steady my rifle.
    Peg free pracise is a must before the next round
    I know this is my home ground - but i can't recomend this new discipline enough- a real challenge with out the arms race enjoyed with a breakfast roll and a good bunch of shooters.
    Its too early to be witty.

Yes great event very very challenging tiny reducers at max distances in awkward positions. True challenge test of marksmanship! Bring on round 2! Well done great course very challenging!
    A Real Peaky Blinder - Spring Is The Thing

Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
    Yes great event very very challenging tiny reducers at max distances in awkward positions. True challenge test of marksmanship! Bring on round 2! Well done great course very challenging!
    The course was designed to be challenging, the event was meant to be a test of shooting skills, but above all, it was meant to be fun, and every person I spoke to afterwards had thoroughly enjoyed the event.

Here's to the next round on Sunday 8th July 2012.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Really enjoyed it today, very challenging course but really good fun all the same and some good banter too :-). Deffo be there for the next two rounds :-)

Had a great day.

Thanks to the organisors and enjoyed the course.

Tye kept saying it was hard , I liked how I was able to kneel 'naturally'. The missing peg didn't phase me one bit and I am happy with my score.

Had three Donuts, One was because I started to slip down the hill so quickly pulled my shot another was because I didn't play a 'tactical' game & went for the head shot 'kill zone' saw it miss just to the right (very frustating) and can't remember the other.

Hoping to come to the next one with my Jackal again.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Great event, I can't wait for July! I didn't think I would do anywhere near as well as I did though, Really fun course to shoot regardless of the score. I seriously recommend coming to the next round guys.

A big thank you to my partners Ty and Jason and everyone who helped put the event on, you excelled yourselves.

Cracking day... Cracking weather... and the TX was on form
    Last edited by R10_Mark; 07-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

I would like to thank every one who came to shoot & enjoyed the day .

It was a big task getting the course set out and ready , but the result was very gratifying .

Thanks to Solware for the donation of the lucky draw prizes .

And thanks to a loyal member who donated the Lucky Black Rat , won by Iain Duncan.

The same member donated the "Ass of the Day" won by Tom Morgans .

I am now looking forward to a bit of practice, without a peg , so that I can hopefully get a slightly better score next time ....

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Really enjoyed it today, very challenging course but really good fun all the same and some good banter too :-). Deffo be there for the next two rounds :-)
    Well said r.p. I can't agree more.a thoroughly enjoyable day.very tricky course but great fun.plus it was my very first comp and can say definately not the last.roll on round 2.

Earl
    Become a government informer..betray family and friends..fabulous prizes to be won.

Very enjoyable, a big thank you to all the hard work that went on to make this happen. In terms of the format I personally think that not having a peg to hold onto is more realistic. It would be great if more HFT was shot this way and maybe we all have to live with a lower score.

Anyhow I really enjoy all shooting comps I attend win or lose taking part and having fun is the objective.

Thanks
    Steve
    Walther LGV, HW97k, HW95k, FWB Sport 124 & HW 45 all in .177

Quote Originally Posted by stevefields View Post
    Very enjoyable, a big thank you to all the hard work that went on to make this happen. In terms of the format I personally think that not having a peg to hold onto is more realistic. It would be great if more HFT was shot this way and maybe we all have to live with a lower score.Anyhow I really enjoy all shooting comps I attend win or lose taking part and having fun is the objective.

Thanks
    Steve
    For me, my score was about the same, but this time I didn't come 'overall' last .

That is due to, not worrying about the non exsistant peg, being able to shoot in my natural postition & spending some 'proper' time on the plinking range.

For the next round I'm going to stick with the same gun instead of doing my usual & swapping it for a different Jackal.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK