Thread: Walts, lies and stutzens

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Walts, lies and stutzens

So, my local Walt came to see me at work today to tell me about his pt85 which is "pushing 9ft/lbs"!

While he telling me I brought up the subject of his gamo stutzen and my need for a cheap rabbit gun.
    "Anythings for sale for a price" he assured me with a wink. The main problem is he's fitted a gold spring, four two pence prices and three leather washers so it's in the region of 60ft/lb, probably more because he only uses Prometheus! He needed time to make it safe, so I met him at his flat an hour later. I got there 5 mins before him, but fortunately it had already changed its own spring, so that was lucky!
    I really just wanted a look as these guns intrigue me, but it's really nice, surprisingly so. The woods a little bit used, but nothing bad. The firing and cocking cycle is smooth and the 2 stage trigger was fine. So, long and short, £150 later it was in my van and I was headed for home. I've had the action out of the stock and am now confident it has never been taken apart. All the pins are unmarked and correctly aligned and the standard spring looks like its had moly grease poked at it through the gap.

Btw, did you know that using lead pellets reduces your power by 2lb per square foot for every 200 you fire! You have been warned!

All in all I'm a happy bunny!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Ha ha haaa, love it. These 'walt' stories never cease to amuse me. Do they all think us shooters are gullible to the extreme ?!

Al

Walts!

I've always fancied a Stutzen - will have to keep an eye open for local cash strapped walts!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Btw, did you know that using lead pellets reduces your power by 2lb per square foot for every 200 you fire! You have been warned!

So that means my SAM K11 pistol is now showing -7.9 ft/lbs since it was serviced 2 months ago????
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    So that means my SAM K11 pistol is now showing -7.9 ft/lbs since it was serviced 2 months ago????
    No, not ft/lbs, pounds per square foot. Do try and keep up!

If using lead pellets lose that much power my jackal causes a vacuum!

Just chronoed my brother in laws Webley that he thought would be really powerful since he put in a bigger spring... 490 fps with .22 FTTs. He uses promethius pellets normally so my measurements with inferior H&N slugs won't count.

The real surprise to me is that he hasn't buggered about with it! It was all just bolox for no reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Sean View Post
    If using lead pellets lose that much power my jackal causes a vacuum!
    So is it now shooting dust back at you, at a power that can only be squared by ft lbs fluff clouds.
    Hw77+7

Isn't it funny how they are all "a proper two two" and always said with an attempted conspiratorial knowing nod

Nice find

I looked at a TX200 for a bloke at our place, it was pushing 28 ft lbs and he could drop Water Buffalo from two miles with it

Strange how when I shot it through my chrono it was shooting at 11.4

I can only assume that my Combro needs to go back to Robin for recalibration as it reading about 17.4 ft lbs low

It has nothing on my genuine 1970's 'proper' pea shooter, that would drop britains biggest woman three counties away

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I looked at a TX200 for a bloke at our place, it was pushing 28 ft lbs and he could drop Water Buffalo from two miles with it

Strange how when I shot it through my chrono it was shooting at 11.4

I can only assume that my Combro needs to go back to Robin for recalibration as it reading about 17.4 ft lbs low

It has nothing on my genuine 1970's 'proper' pea shooter, that would drop britains biggest woman three counties away

Cheers, John
    you know John, I must have the same chrono as you maybe we should both ask for a refund as mines the same, I had a bloke who recons with open sights he can shoot his hw45 and kill magpies at 45 yards stone dead. It is a bit hot mind it must be as mine in the same cal comes nowhere close to such accuracey or power. if only i could live in there world and not this one

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    no, not ft/lbs, pounds per square foot. Do try and keep up!

doh!!!!!!
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal