Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: clearout few items,,,, Moved from the sales section

Quote Originally Posted by ColleyV8 View Post
    This may require a separate thread but I have been looking at the paypal terms and conditions for restricted items

Their T&C's reference the following:

13.3 What type of payments are eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection?

PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods that can be posted. Payments for the following are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:

intangible items

services

real estate (including, without limitation, residential property)

businesses

vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats),

custom made items

travel tickets (including, without limitation, airline flight tickets)

items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

Searching high and low I find their AUP, this states:

relate to sales of (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (e) items that are considered obscene, (f) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (h) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (i) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law

Looking at the firearms definition, it states any weapon that launches one or more projectile(s) at high velocity through confined burning of a propellant.

The law also rules airguns under 12ft/lb outside of the firearms act, there fore could we conclude that airguns under the legal limit are within paypal acceptable use policy?
    Sorry mate no chance whatsoever. As Jetski said it's Paypal's own T&C's not law. Also an airgun even under 12ft/lbs is still a firearm in the eyes of the law but exempt from licensing.

A further point to note there was one case I remember on the bbs from a year or 2 ago where several members had their Paypal accounts frozen the moment the word airgun was mentioned & this irrc was all down to one sales thread.
    www.savedeathrowdogs.co.uk Very urgently need homes for: Male staff cross, approx 1 year old, will be neutered, very loving but not great with other dogs. Stuck in pound. 2) 2 year old male choc lab. 3) 2 year old cockerpoo. 4) 20 border collies .

secretagentmole Guest
    Unfortunately a lot of people see the object of their desire and all fiscal responsibility exits out of the nearest fitting that requires a fenestration engineer!

Remember if you cannot afford to lose it do not risk it on a postal transaction! No matter what it is, it could be a platinum coated, diamond studded Air Arms EV2, with solid gold cocking bolt, but scammers will not agree to let you examine the goods. For the simple reason they do not exist! Mary had that happen with a Super 10, it was in Kent, we were due to have a day out at Carrefour, Calais, so could call in on the way back. Matey boy said he could not do it on the day we planned, so we asked what day could we call in on?

He said one day, then a couple of days later changed it, we still had not booked so were flexible. We asked the address, turned out to be a Travel Inn, so asked for his address again, got a Best Western Hotel. Got his IP and passed it to the police. Strung him along for ages....

saying only do face to face deals is way over the top. postal deals are safe, this is proven many times every single day. you will always get the odd scammer trying to rip someone off, this can happen face to face as well. there are many names on this and other forums I would happily "risk" buying from. some of them I talk to most days, I have seen past sales go well, have been on the forum for several years and have thousands of posts to their name. strictly doing face to face deals is not necessary and even more so if you do some checks before parting with your money
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

Certainly look's like a "graham" scam,they quite often work the thl forum,as for old bill getting your money back from scam's like this,fat chance i'm afraid,it's seen in the same light as "squatters"....a civil matter.

I suppose if you willingly hand over the money its not technically stealing. the law needs amending on this as its clearly morally wrong
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    I suppose if you willingly hand over the money its not technically stealing. the law needs amending on this as its clearly morally wrong
    As it is wrong for your home to be taken by squatters but until the law changes that's the way things are,and as far as squatters are concerned.....I don't see any elected party ever making that a criminal offence as it would no doubt show up the dire failings of ALL partys to provide social housing.
    I hope the chap who's been tucked up get's his money back but as has been stated by other's I very much doubt it'll come via paypal

I have it on good authority this is the guy doing all the scamming.

picture removed so i dont get sued by scum
    Last edited by giantmark; 20-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantmark View Post
    I have it on good authority this is the guy doing all the scamming.
    I do hope you correct. Because if your not, he could probably sue you.

Waylander

secretagentmole Guest

Paypal is backside about face!

OK, so how useful a tool is Paypal?

With Paypal you cannot buy or sell an air rifle as it is considered a firearm.

However you can legally buy and sell pellets. It is true, you cannot deal in the weapons, but you can deal in the ammunition!

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Certainly look's like a "graham" scam,they quite often work the thl forum,as for old bill getting your money back from scam's like this,fat chance i'm afraid,it's seen in the same light as "squatters"....a civil matter.
    All as they say is they sent it in the post !!!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    OK, so how useful a tool is Paypal?

With Paypal you cannot buy or sell an air rifle as it is considered a firearm.

However you can legally buy and sell pellets. It is true, you cannot deal in the weapons, but you can deal in the ammunition!
    surely the pellets are ammunition and ammunition is prohibited, although there is plenty for sale that requires PP for payment, you could always ask for his full bank details to pay directly by bacs.

secretagentmole Guest
    If you look on the Paypal terms and conditions you can sell air rifle ammunition and use Paypal without fear as air rifle/pistol ammunition is covered! Damned odd but true!

A bit late in this thread to be posting this thought but,

Who in there right mind would buy from someone who is calling themselfs,

ASBO. Anti Socail behaviour order ?????
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post

I have to report that I am minded, after seeking the agreement of the other Mods / Admins; to close Sales for a while and see what difference it makes to the Forum.
    Only trouble is with that Rich you and the others will then get an extra 100 emails a day ranting why they can't get into the sale section.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't :/