Thread: LSR Postal Comps and advice please

LSR Postal Comps and advice please

Perth City & County SBRC are in the process of starting to shoot LSR and the members would like to consider entering a league or postal comp. As this is a new venture we would require some help and guidance as to getting started. We have managed to clear an area where we would have room for 20yards standing inside, and we also have plenty room outside as we have 50 and 100 yd ranges outside with about 60 firing points, this gives you an idea of the space we have, indoor we have a 25yd range on 2 levels, a total of 12 firing points.

Any advice and rules of engagement would be welcomed.

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

The NSRA run postal leagues. You'd have to ask your county/regional association if they have anything going as well.

I think there's an LSR event within the NSRA-Eley Postal Competition as well.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

There are quite a number out there. The Leeds Association runs a great set of postal comps for various disciplines, and as said above check with your County Association. I would imagine that nearly all of the Summer competitions will have started by now so you might have to wait for an Autumn series to commence. I could dig out some contact details if you like?

Yorkshire run a large LSR league; individual and team; to give you an idea I am in Div 20.

Rutty

Surrey have been running postal comps twice a year for the last 10 years.

Have a look at their most excellant website and under competition you'll find the rule handbook and rules revisions.

I think you can also download the NSRA rules which include LSR (based on the pistol rules) for things like trigger weights, butt hooks (ooh err) and gloves etc.

If you have questions then I'd be happy to help as I'm LSR Captain for Surrey.

Thanks for all the comments and replies, I will look in to it over the next few days and may call back for some further details

Thanks

Iain
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452