Thread: dan wesson

dan wesson

hi again lads just wondering got my second hand pistol thing is it didnt come with open sights i just got the scope mounts ive got a red dot but would prefer the open sights ive called highland outdoors today and they say that they dont do spares anyone out there can help me

atb dave

anyone

Quote Originally Posted by staffy1 View Post
    hi again lads just wondering got my second hand pistol thing is it didnt come with open sights i just got the scope mounts ive got a red dot but would prefer the open sights ive called highland outdoors today and they say that they dont do spares anyone out there can help me

atb dave
    what do you mean by open sights? the only open sights i can think of are part of the gun- the front sight is fixed, the rear sight adjustable. if yours came with the rear sight removed, you've been sold damaged goods.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    You could try a wanted section post for a broken Dan Wesson for spares, replacement parts are not easily available and although you could probably get a full bore pistol sight to fit the cost would be 2/3 to 3/4 of the cost of a new Dan Wesson pistol,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    You could try a wanted section post for a broken Dan Wesson for spares, replacement parts are not easily available and although you could probably get a full bore pistol sight to fit the cost would be 2/3 to 3/4 of the cost of a new Dan Wesson pistol,
    Regards,
    Nick
    thanks nick ive put a post in the wanted section but had no replies when i got it it just came with a weaver scope mount i bought a red dot but cant get use to it ! so i would prefer open ones thanks for your help

regards dave

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
    what do you mean by open sights? the only open sights i can think of are part of the gun- the front sight is fixed, the rear sight adjustable. if yours came with the rear sight removed, you've been sold damaged goods.
    its the rear sight im after

regards dave

Might be a silly question but it's not a Umarex Smith & Wesson you have?

You remove the rear sight on them to fit a rail but on the BB Dan Wesson you don't.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    Might be a silly question but it's not a Umarex Smith & Wesson you have?

You remove the rear sight on them to fit a rail but on the BB Dan Wesson you don't.
    its the dan wesson bb mate

regards dave

Quote Originally Posted by staffy1 View Post
    its the dan wesson bb mate

regards dave
    odd that you were sold even a 2nd hand wesson without the rear sight, as the rear sight need never be removed- the vendor should've warned any potential buyers of this, as it basically means selling damaged goods.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
    odd that you were sold even a 2nd hand wesson without the rear sight, as the rear sight need never be removed- the vendor should've warned any potential buyers of this, as it basically means selling damaged goods.
    think im going to get a cheap pistol sight now

regards dave