Thread: Penkridge HFT Shoot.

Thumbs up Penkridge HFT Shoot.

I went to my first FT shoot Sunday and enjoyed it imensly, A nice sunny day well attended the only blight was a persistant R 2 Left gusting wind. I realised that my shooting skills honed when I was a young guy back in the 60,s to 1980,s had got up and left years ago! as I am unable to kneel or sit or lye down I had to shoot it standing and finished on a 24 X 40! Deep gloom. however I noticed a lot of the guys were using fold up stools to sit on while shooting so yesterday I ordered a stool off Fleebay and am now looking foreward to the next shoot at which my son and his mate will be attending.
    high powered water pistol, thumb breaker catapult.
    And loads of proper guns.

Hi Tron,
    Can you give me an address or some directions to get to the club ? Iv only been to furnace mill so far and its a great setup just a bit of a drive ! And i recon Penkridge would be easyr.
    Also can you tell me a bit about the club and the facilities there ?
    And have you been to the mill ride shoot ? its done at the clay and fishing ground !

ATB

Matt

Hiya Matt, Yes its easy to find it, get off gate two on the M54 head towards Stafford you will come into Penkridge go through still on the main road to Stafford about half a mile on you take the first road on the right Draycott Rd, go straight down to the bottom and its on the right. they have hot food available and tea, coffee , soft drinks, etc, I havent shot Millride but I have been there a few times about 3 years ago, the last time I went the police who train their dogs there on the big field on the left as you go through the gate was giving the shooters a hard time by testing their air rifles on a police Chronograph. Still I suppose its easier and safer than catching real criminals? shame they cant catch burglers, thieves, muggers, yobbos, as a airgun doing a bit over 12 fpe, means they can confiscate it and take the unfortunate owner to court. anyway I digress, the next Penkridge shoot is the Sunday after next, Cheers, see you there. Ron.
    high powered water pistol, thumb breaker catapult.
    And loads of proper guns.

Penkridge is one of the friendliest clubs I have ever visited, Tony who runs it is a great bloke and willing to help anyone.

So I take it that it's not to open every weekend then ?

Cheers guys

ATB

Matt

Have a look on here for the dates.
    http://www.penkridgearc.com/

Does anyone know what the cost is at Penkridge to shoot. And is it a case of turn up pay your money and shoot the course or is there a plinking range etc. I want to take the farther in law for a bit of fun so not interested in competion, we just want to have a plink and light heartedly shoot the course so he can learn more about shooting the daystate mk3 he has just bought !

ATB

Matt

I think its £3.50 for the day..

Nice course, next meet is the 5th Aug
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

For your £3.50 can you shoot the course more than once and is there a plinking / practise area ?

ATB

Matt