Thread: On a spending ban.

On a spending ban.

Moving house at moment and managed to sneak a couple of pistols into the collection but now I have been banned by wife and I keep seeing things I have wanted for ages. First was a duo 300, only ever seen one in a book but have wanted one for a while, Then a HW45 black star pops up. It would probably help if I stopped looking but I must like the punishments.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    Moving house at moment and managed to sneak a couple of pistols into the collection but now I have been banned by wife and I keep seeing things I have wanted for ages. First was a duo 300, only ever seen one in a book but have wanted one for a while, Then a HW45 black star pops up. It would probably help if I stopped looking but I must like the punishments.
    Hah, I know the feeling.

Although I have far more than is good for me, I can't help looking just in case something really tasty and irresistable comes along

Ian

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'm considering an Umarex Winchester, but that might well be my final airgun purchase.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Never say never, does sound a brave statement. I just want to stop for a while, to prove to my self I can. I just wish I could stop looking. One of my mates offered to get one for me to keep it under the radar and I said no, afere a pause for thought. I just try to take it day by day.

Me too mate, 3 rifles in a month! I'm in the bad book

Grazy;

What interested you about the DUO 300? I ask because there's one for sale locally that I'm sort of tempted to pick up. The only issue is how do you support a 25 year old Italian pistol with seals and the like?

Also, may I ask the price of the one you saw for sale? The one I saw was posted for $225 or best offer. That seems a little steep, but it is an all metal gun, so maybe it's worth the price, considering what an HW45 goes for, these days.

Good luck! Take it one day at a time, brother.

-John

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    Hah, I know the feeling.

Although I have far more than is good for me, I can't help looking just in case something really tasty and irresistable comes along

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I'm considering an Umarex Winchester, but that might well be my final airgun purchase.
    Never say never, does sound a brave statement. I just want to stop for a while, to prove to my self I can. I just wish I could stop looking. One of my mates offered to get one for me to keep it under the radar and I said no, afere a pause for thought. I just try to take it day by day.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Me too mate, 3 rifles in a month! I'm in the bad book

I don't know what to say.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOuWWzP7wl0

Good luck, Phil