Thread: Phoenix 2012 air pistol

Phoenix 2012 air pistol

Im looking at the only 2 airpistol comps I can find in the handbook.
    25m precision, great so I can use my LP10 at the distance I used to use my cartridge pistol.What a welcome change from the usual 10m every week
    But on looking at the 25m timed precision it states "any 6 shot airpistol"

Its a shame when there are 5 shot air pistols quite capable of being used at 25m for timed fire.
    I'm wondering what people do who have 5 shot repeaters with such potential.
    Ive seen the Aeron B96 perform well at the British Pistol Club meeting.

At the more expensive end what do people do who have laid out £700-£1350 for LP5s or 50s or similar do with their weapons ?

What weapons can be used for this comp? Possibly the Twinmaster- if its had a power upgrade.
    Can the copies of the 6 inch SW586 do it ?

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I shoot 20 yard standard pistol competitions with my LP50,which is a timed competition of 150,20 and 10 seconds for 5 shots.
    I would check with the organisers as I think that might be a typo error,and it is for 5 shot pistols.never heard of it being shot with a 6 shot.
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Hi. You do need a 6 shot air pistol. It is timed and precision 1 (the old police pistol 1) shot at reduced distances, on Bay A of Cheylesmore Range at Bisley. Last year it was won, as far as I can remember with a Twinmaster. I used my very plasticky Crossman 357, which wasn't too bad, surprisingly accurate for a pistol costing about £70. It's actually a nicer double action than my Alfa .38/357 LBR.

The Phoenix is a great shooting festival, with brilliant arms fair and every type of shooting you'd ever want. I go every year.

I hope this helps