Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rat gun

Nothing wrong with a Ratty....
    Enough power, lightweight, easy to tune/work on/fix etc. Because your expectations tend to be lower, they never fail to impress.
    But you've got to factor in the CO2 cost and sensitivity to cool weather etc....I would tend to say go for a lightweight springer.
    A good condition HW99 would fit the bill. Or, at about £170 I think, how about a new HW30s. I think they're about 8 ft.lbs standard (never checked mine) so more than enough for Roland and his mates; lightweight, fantastic Rekord trigger, very accurate, mild firing cycle and bomb-proof build quality.

So, wouldn't ever knock a Ratty (I also love my mini-carbined 2240), but would favour the HW.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Ratty

I have a ratty and so does my son. The great thing about these little beauties is the fact that you can totally customise them. You can purchase all these custom parts from GMAC or SD CUSTOM parts.

I have a power spring in my one as well as an extended probe. There's a noticeable increase in power for sure. They are also very light to carry and has the power to take out small vermin. They average about 9ft lbs. Apparently, Crosman are no longer making these guns. So I would snap one up now. Get one matey. You will not be disappointed.

Vintage

I may have one for sale, less than 2 weeks old from new, just had extended probe, metal breach, new seals and stronger hammer spring and brand new moderator all done by gmac. Pm me if you are intrested.
    Bsa ultra in .22 flavour 3x12x42 scope, CZ .22 RIMMY 4x16x42 scope
    Tikka Lite .223, 6x24x50 scope, Belgian sxs 12g
    A couple of bits of night vision to play with.

Sorry every one but I've only gone and bought a aa510.thanks evey one for your help

My fave rat gun! easy my BSA 635 Magnum in .25 tuned by Welsh Willey, in a word awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
    got a king ratty converted to run on HPA, which has a reg,quickfill, and a custom carbon shroud/silencer, only use it in my barn for rats using hobbys it spits them out @ 650fps for 11ftlb and is very accurate and consistent and light, rats hate it
    This is an easy thing to put together.

You could spend much more on a normal Ratty getting it anywhere near useful, and it DOES get expensive.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

My rafting gun is a bsa ultra 22 multishot. Brilliant little gun had it tuned down to 9.5 ft/lbs gets 55/60 usable shots zeroed at 20 yards never misses a beat can shoot from anywhere due to its small size cheap to buy bsa are brilliant with service never been happier with any of my rifles

A Hatsan Stryker in .25 cal does the job very well for around £100.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php