Thread: Pin wrench for Diana 75

Pin wrench for Diana 75

Hi everyone. I'd like to change springs and piston seals in my Diana 75. Does anyone know where I could get pin wrench to remove axis screws and end cap? Regards.
    Current project: Haenel 311

Pin wrench

Dont do it unless you are very proficient with this type of gun action(Giss System)

Pm DM80 (Dave) on here and send him your gun he did a top job on mine

Steve

Removing the pinion wheel covers is the least problematic job IMO. The Giss guns are the only ones I wouldn't do myself.

There's a lot of useful info in this thread which may help clarify what's involved. Good luck.

DM80 Guest
    you have to make the tools to remove the caps you can purchase them from frankdyke & co but they cost a fair few quid' take note if the rifle has not been apart before all side gear and rear end cap will be very tight if removed without the correct tools damage will occur.

Dave.

Thank you for replies guys. DM80 yhpm.

Good choice mine shoots & looks like new & Dave is a top gunsmith considering they are over 30 years old

And very reasonable with his prices

Steve

I serviced a Diana/Original 75 yesterday, think it's the fourth or fifth I have done this year. DM80 is correct, the rear cap & cog covers can be a nightmare to remove once the seals have disintegrated even if you have the correct tools.

If you want to see the parts I took this image of one once stripped down.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0006copy.jpg

In the background you can see a Feinwerkbau 700 regulator on test.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    The Giss guns are the only ones I wouldn't do myself.
    wonky donky has kindly illustrated why!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    If you want to see the parts I took this image of one once stripped down.
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0006copy.jpg

I have just completely stripped an Original Model 75 action that I was lucky enough to find for our club via a helpful BBS member for £35.

It was in a poor way, spitting the remains of its seals out as it went through the motions of trying to shoot.

Removing the caps was a bit tricky, but using a home made tool fitted with a pair of correctly spaced hardened pins of the correct size ( made from HSS drill blanks) we soon removed the side caps, and the careful use of a shaped wooden clamp in a vice removed the end cap without marking or damage.

Everything had to be removed, and all parts were put into small grip-seal bags to keep them safe until they could be restored or replaced prior to reassembly, and new seals bought ready for the re-build.

Carefully removing the gunge inside took a lot of time, and then everything was cleaned and polished inside and out. The main lumps have been sent to MAG for a new coat of blue, and I have been able to find a good Model 75 stock that I have already restored and re-oiled ready for when the missing metalwork comes back with it's new coat of colour.

Putting it back together could be "interesting", but I have another Model 75 to use for reference and a friend that has already stripped and rebuilt a left handed version some time ago, so I am hoping to end up with an excellent example of this brillaint rifle that we have saved from being scrapped or used for spares.

The finished rifle will be used by our club - but if it were my own rifle and did not want to spend so many hours working on it, and was not working to an almost non-existant club budget, I would take the advice given and send it to Dave.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for advice again. Dave seems to be too busy to take care about my Diana

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pkvmax View Post
    Thanks for advice again. Dave seems to be too busy to take care about my Diana

Regards
    Send it to city air weapons Solihull, they Will sort it for you.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!