Thread: Help please....

Help please....

Hi All,

My name is matt and I got back into shooting about 2 years ago and have had a few rifles. QB78, XS19, TX200, S410, Stoeger X20, HW100KT, hatsan 55 and various pistols. I settled with pcp's but recently hit a bit of a financial rough patch so have sold my pcp's and gone back to CO2 and I forgot how much fun tuning the little chinese rifles can be... anyhows on to the 'collectable' bit...

I recently got back from holiday and when I turned my phone on I had a txt from a guy that I bought a webley hurricane from back in April. His dad had died and he was clearing the house he had found the pistol and wanted it to go to a good home.

When I picked it up he was a really nice chap. All for his family and just had no interest in shooting. I bought it and jokingly said if you find anything else give me a shout!!

Well my txt this morning said that he had found two other rifles and he would give me first refusal! I panicked a little as I wasnt sure when he had sent it so I gave him a call and he still had them!! Today was his day off so I popped round and 're homed' them.

The first was a Crosman 2200 magnum, one of the original ones from the 70's with the chrome breech (needs a new shoulder stock as this has been lost)

The second is a very old Benjamin 312 (in overall good condition just needs a good clean and a polish). Single shot .22 pump up dated to 1962 from the serial number.

No pics yet as I need to sort the hol pics first I have some stock photos (but I cant figure out how to get them on. If you copy and paste these in to your browser they will give you some info and pics (Not my exact rifles but the same model):-

http://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/...p?item_id=2325

http://www.bradwood.com/airrifle/

Can anyone offer any advice on how I would go about getting a value

Big question, does anyone have a 2100 or 2200 stock lying around or know where I can get one without going direct to crosman?

Any advice or comments greatly recieved

Matt

crosman and benjamin

hi matt, i have a collection of crosman and benjamins ,just the rifles you mentioned, afraid they are not of high value yet,unless boxed and immaculate ,and then people buy them because its a blast back to their youth..the wooden stocked 2200 are the best sellers also they will also fetch a small premium but still quite cheap..some below

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/...%20COLLECTION/

Wow... now that is what I call a collection!! Very impressive!!

What kind of price would I be looking at roughly...

The benjamin is in good con... the original finish has worn away and it just needs the brass polishing. oh... cocking is stiff but it is 50 years old and god only knows when it was last fired.

The crosman is also very good con... just missing the rear stock (you dont have a spare that you would like to sell do you lol)

cheers
    matt

any one any ideas on price??