Thread: HW45 Silver Star safey catch issue

HW45 Silver Star safey catch issue

I've read about people having issues with the HW45 safety catch working loose, allowing the catch to swing fast the normal safe and fire positions.
    I had this same problem shortly after I bought mine, bought from new. The common fix being to simply tighten the allen screw(s), which I did and seemed to fix the problem. However, earlier today I was out shooting, and sure enough I noticed the left side safety catch was swung downwards, and the right side was in the normal position (whichever was selected, safe/fire). But, the allen screws were very tight. I had to loosen the left side, reset it's position and retighten.
    Problem would appear to be sorted, however the cynic in me thinks that this is probably going to reoccur.
    Is there something other than the allen screw that can cause this to happen? Is there a fix?
    Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Aaron

The levers are recessed so the bolt would have to be loose to allow the lever to move out enough for it to come out of the recess.

One thing you could try would be to put a blob of Loctite on the bolt threads to stop them coming loose and hold the lever place.

not very good for a pistol that costs so much.mine did the same thing and as suggested just use loctite.my mates did the same thing too

Thanks for the advice chaps, will give the locktite a go.

i had a hw45 with the same problem. i put a bit of loctite on the thread and the problem was solved. if they made the thread in the opposite direction, it wouldnt work loose. it's an easy fix.