Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baikal Makarov question

Baikal Makarov question

Can anyone give me a quick breakdown of what to look for when buying these?

Am i right in think the 1999 to 2001 are the most desireable? and how much difference is there between these and say a brand new one bought today? what about the models between 2001/2011? are there any years worth avoiding?

What are the main differences between the original models and the later ones?

Thanks

all i can say having owned one of these in the past, is if your after the bb type good luck trying to hit anything the copper bbs fly all over the place and the lead ones (to utilize the rifling in the barrel) get stuck all of the time, sorry to be negative but just a heads up mate,

I'd totally disagree with the above to be honest and I've owned about 6.

Nice things to use it's a plinker no getting around that but much better made than any umarex offering. Worse thing to go wrong is the seals going in the mag and if that happens easy to strip and replace them. One truly can be a gun for life as they are so basic and tough.

Use the lead BBs and they work well, only time I can imagine them jamming is in the mag and gently opening out the feed hole would sort this but I've never seen a mag need it.

Have a looksie here,all will become clear....hopefully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w

ATB

Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wildoliver View Post
    I'd totally disagree with the above to be honest and I've owned about 6.

Nice things to use it's a plinker no getting around that but much better made than any umarex offering. Worse thing to go wrong is the seals going in the mag and if that happens easy to strip and replace them. One truly can be a gun for life as they are so basic and tough.

Use the lead BBs and they work well, only time I can imagine them jamming is in the mag and gently opening out the feed hole would sort this but I've never seen a mag need it.
    I would just like to say it rather depends on the make of lead shot that you get the gamo ones can very in size quite a bit ok if you pick out all of the over sized ones the gun will not jam.

could be right about the gamo leads, as you say the variation in size was probably the problem, the GOOD thing about these is that you can remove the slide in literally a second to clear the stuck bb, and they are like has been said very maintenance free and a pretty solid gun. Good for a close range plinker i suppose?? my brother still has his one and although it never gets used he said hes keeping his forever.

but if I was looking for a plinker id get something to shoot pellets rather than bbs much more accurate and consistent IMO

Quote Originally Posted by peterdaniels View Post
    but if I was looking for a plinker id get something to shoot pellets rather than bbs much more accurate and consistent IMO

Theres no doubt a pellet shooter makes a better airgun but a BB gun makes a much better replica.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

all i can say having owned one of these in the past, is if your after the bb type good luck trying to hit anything the copper bbs fly all over the place and the lead ones (to utilize the rifling in the barrel) get stuck all of the time, sorry to be negative but just a heads up mate,
    my mak never jams and is very accurate..its a 2000 model,machined top slide,95% firearm parts and very very nice.sorry to be positive but just a heads up mate

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    my mak never jams and is very accurate..its a 2000 model,machined top slide,95% firearm parts and very very nice.sorry to be positive but just a heads up mate
    95% real parts EXACTLY the same as mine and my brothers mak seems some people get too exited over a replica and get exited because its close to a real gun quite sad really lol.

fact of the matter use lead bbs and it WILL jam and copper bbs AREN'T accurate regardless of sarcy pointless comments like the one above was just trying to give a heed of warning of what to expect when you but a co2 bb gun if your after accuracy keep looking unless your an awful shot and you stand 2M away from the target like greenman

95% real parts EXACTLY the same as mine and my brothers mak seems some people get too exited over a replica and get exited because its close to a real gun quite sad really lol.

fact of the matter use lead bbs and it WILL jam and copper bbs AREN'T accurate regardless of sarcy pointless comments like the one above was just trying to give a heed of warning of what to expect when you but a co2 bb gun if your after accuracy keep looking unless your an awful shot and you stand 2M away from the target like greenman
    maybe its you and cletus that are the shite shots billybob my boy...my shooting ability is proven in a far harsher theatre than you and your kin can ever imagine.Swift and bold .

maybe its you and cletus that are the shite shots billybob my boy...my shooting ability is proven in a far harsher theatre than you and your kin can ever imagine.Swift and bold .
    took a while getting a dictionary out did you lol, still nonsense though bless you.

anyway regardless of this "genius" if you are set on the baikal try and decide what you are after in pistol, do you get excited over replicas like greenmoron or are you after an accurate shooter?? seems some people get a semi over an air pistol that USED to be a handgun and as I said before quite pathetic and I wouldn't trust with a capgun let alone an air pistol/rifle must be a bit "special"

Deadly eh? lol.I bet you are the boy in your valley.I do like the Mac because yes it is close to the real thing,And even though it is indeed a bit of fun,as they all are ,i would rather use a converted real one than one made from cast iron.Bought it for little un to shoot tin cans and for that its fab,solid ,over engineered and above all fun.

Deadly eh? lol.I bet you are the boy in your valley.I do like the Mac because yes it is close to the real thing,And even though it is indeed a bit of fun,as they all are ,i would rather use a converted real one than one made from cast iron.Bought it for little un to shoot tin cans and for that its fab,solid ,over engineered and above all fun.
    finally a serious non sarcy response apart from the "boy in my valley" nonsense stupid really as I don't live in a valley seems you have a naive attitude to Wales.

but I agree they are solid guns being made from old police/military side arms and as you say over engineered cosidering they were originally designed to fire real ammunition, but how much engineering is needed to shoot a small bb out of a small barrel?? end of the day the baikal makarovs are cheap strongly made not very accurate but will last a lifetime

bloody hell taff your wife not giving you any...chill out! its friday tomorrow .Do all live in the same village ,with your guns? lol ,sleep tight princess.

bloody hell taff your wife not giving you any...chill out! its friday tomorrow .Do all live in the same village ,with your guns? lol ,sleep tight princess.
    Hi greenman, I think you have been drinking and typing, I don't see the purpose of your comments, I was only giving a personal opinion of the co2 pistol mentioned having had one for many years and still shooting one on a regular basis?? and for some reason this has provoked you? Anyway I have better things to do with my time than respond to people like yourself I find people like yourself very sad individuals who obiously get over excited over replicas because they are the closest thing you will ever get to a real handgun, again very sad goodnight "princess" and thanks for the comments about welsh people I have reported you to admin goodnight