Thread: Webley Hurricane price guide please

Webley Hurricane price guide please

An aquaintance tells me he's inherited a Webley Hurricane. Aparently it fires and he says it's in 'good' condition. However, he doesn't know anything about air guns and it could be carp for all I know.
    Whats a general price range for these in used condition?

Hurricane

Hard to say without seeing it, but unboxed they generally sell for between £50 and £100 plus postage, depending on condition.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

I got one in good condition, un boxed for £50 in april

Hi Guys,

Thanks. So with a bit of luck good ones are availale for £50. Do they all have the cowling over the foresight?
    Anything to look for when buying?

ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks. So with a bit of luck good ones are availale for £50. Do they all have the cowling over the foresight?
    Anything to look for when buying?

ATB
    You won't normally get a "good" one for 50 quid, for that money expect the lettering to be long departed, plenty of scratches here and there, a barrel that is more brown than blue, and other signs of wear/being taken apart.

But still usable.

But for around 80 you should, I sold a carton-boxed one for not a lot more than that. The older black-boxed ones with box, price depends on the condition and presence of the accessories such as target holder, scope, etc, but 150 for a very very nice one, hardly used (rarely offered for sale) is not OTT at all.

Yes Hurricanes should have the foresight hood (its removable and often removes itself...)
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    You won't normally get a "good" one for 50 quid, for that money expect the lettering to be long departed, plenty of scratches here and there, a barrel that is more brown than blue, and other signs of wear/being taken apart.

But still usable.

But for around 80 you should, I sold a carton-boxed one for not a lot more than that. The older black-boxed ones with box, price depends on the condition and presence of the accessories such as target holder, scope, etc, but 150 for a very very nice one, hardly used (rarely offered for sale) is not OTT at all.

Yes Hurricanes should have the foresight hood (its removable and often removes itself...)
    Hi Air-Tech,

Thanks, I did buy it in the end. Seems to be in relatively good order. Needs a little polish and clean-up. Has the foresight hood, original micro sights, scope rail and instructions. No box, light spotting on the barrel, some minor scuffing to the plastic front end, some rubbing to the lettering, paintwork is excellent.
    Tried it on a tin can (vegetable soup with corigated sides) Doesn't seem to hit any harder than my MK1 straightgrip. It's the .22 and it caved the side in (with a 70s milbro roundhead pellet) but didn't split it.