Thread: hello from stoke

hello from stoke

hi my name is jordan and i am new here i am from stoke on trent sneyd green i am 16 years old and i am looking to start shooting i have my self a smk .22 air rifle witch i have had for about 4 months have not shot it yet but is in full working order and i really nice gun was told it is an ideal gun for a first time shooter your comment please on anywhere i can start shooting will be thankful

Welcome to the bbs Jordan.

Hopefully another bbs member will have some ideas on clubs around the Stoke area. Quarnford is the only one I know of, but its been years since I've been there.

As your only 16 you can't actually own an airgun, but you can use one which has been lent to you, unsupervised. It's worth finding a club, members should be happy to help you with getting started and the basics of being safe.

Here's a link to the BASC's website, other than the above it is important to understand the restrictions that apply to 14-17 year olds regarding having your gun in a public place, which would include transporting it to any club.

ATB, and happy shooting.

Hello Jordan. There's a decent plinking range at http://www.dolphin-discount.co.uk/ Stoke. Pleasant enough to spend a couple of hours shooting metal things.

hi & welcome

yep the dolphin-discount range is ok i have been there a couple of times, have fun.

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

hi thanks for all the replys yes i got my gun from dolphin well my dad did ive been there a couple of time would just like to know more place to get the feel of things

hi and welcome