Thread: Diopter needed to fit early type HW55MM.

Diopter needed to fit early type HW55MM.

I am looking for an HW dioptre rear sight to fit my early type HW55MM match rifle.

The type I need is to fit the older 13mm wide scope rails, and not the 11mm size used on the newer versions of the HW55MM.

I do have an 11mm HW diopter sight from a later model, but some of the pictures I have seen suggest that at least some ( if not all) of these early type 13mm types of sights may be of an earlier design, although some may well be the same as the newer 11mm types apart from the width of the fitting - but any expert input about this would be welcomed, and any type that fits would be welcome!
    Last edited by zooma; 25-05-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I think that Hammerli used to have a similar set up and maybe even supplied them to Weirauch. In an old book (may have been Smiths Gas, Air and Spring guns) the designs on the Hammerli and HW,s looks very similar. Good luck in your Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    I think that Hammerli used to have a similar set up and maybe even supplied them to Weirauch. In an old book (may have been Smiths Gas, Air and Spring guns) the designs on the Hammerli and HW,s looks very similar. Good luck in your Quest.
    Thanks for that.

I spoke to Protec today - they did have a 13mm HW sight for an HW55MM - it took them ages to sell it because it was the unusual 13mm size!

......wish I knew about that a little sooner - its just what I am looking for !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for that.

I spoke to Protec today - they did have a 13mm HW sight for an HW55MM - it took them ages to sell it because it was the unusual 13mm size!

......wish I knew about that a little sooner - its just what I am looking for !
    what about the german forums they are more plentiful over there

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    what about the german forums they are more plentiful over there
    I think I may need to find my old eGun registration details and see if I can find one over there, although I would much prefer to put the cash into a Brtish airgunners pocket to help them pay for something they may need.

I think I may need to find my old eGun registration details and see if I can find one over there, although I would much prefer to put the cash into a Brtish airgunners pocket to help them pay for something they may need.
    yes I can see your point but if you cant get one in this country you would have a better chance in the country were it was made.

HW Diopter

I've got both 11mm and 13mm on my rifles, yes the earlier 13mm ones were different but towards the end of the 13mm period the diopter is no different from the 11mm one apart from the different rail size.

There is a host of info on the American Vintage Airgun site and a whole thread dedicated to the HW Diopter!.

Strangely the ones I see at Arms Fairs always turnout to be 13mm instead of 11mm, Sods law I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I've got both 11mm and 13mm on my rifles, yes the earlier 13mm ones were different but towards the end of the 13mm period the diopter is no different from the 11mm one apart from the different rail size.

There is a host of info on the American Vintage Airgun site and a whole thread dedicated to the HW Diopter!.

Strangely the ones I see at Arms Fairs always turnout to be 13mm instead of 11mm, Sods law I suppose.
    I have never been to an arms fair - anyone know of any in the North West?

diopter

Just been put up for sale on e-gun:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3881687

-------------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Just been put up for sale on e-gun:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3881687

-------------------------------
    Frank
    Thanks Frank - I am on it!

OK - I have now got a 13mm dioptre rear sight to fit my old type HW55MM.

Thanks for your help BBS members.

Diopter

Congratulations !! (and for a GOOD price too)

--------------------------
    Frank

OK - I have now got a 13mm dioptre rear sight to fit my old type HW55MM.

Thanks for your help BBS members.
    most wellcome.