Thread: Leather Breech washers for HW55.

Leather Breech washers for HW55.

Does anyone have a genuine new (spare) leather breech seal to fit my HW55MM they would like to sell to me by any chance?

Is there a dealer or collector that may have some stock of spare parts for these HW55 rifles - including the leather breech washer I am looking for at the moment?

Any helpful information about these HW55 leather breech washers and where to find them would be appreciated.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chambers are showing breech seals in stock but they are not leather, have you checked with them to see if they have any leather ones knocking around thier workshop http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...=24566&Search=

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyh View Post
    Chambers are showing breech seals in stock but they are not leather, have you checked with them to see if they have any leather ones knocking around thier workshop http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...=24566&Search=
    Thanks Ricky,

I have seen the plastic seals Chambers have for sale and understand they can be cut at an angle to make a good fit as a breech seal for the early model HW55MM like mine, but I feel the leather seal would be a little more compliant and would prefer to fit one if I can find one.

I did try to call Chambers several times today about this, but only had the answerphone message with the option to email them with any enquiries - something I can do - but I would have preferred to speak to somebody if possible and will continue to try and do this next week when they are open again.

As a matter of interest I did ask them about some spare sight mounting parts I needed for my Osprey Supertarget by email today, and the polite answer I received advised me that the gun was obsolete - but I did reply to their email and asked them to let me know if they should get a used or broken model in the future that may have the parts I need.

I am hoping a phone call about the HW55 part may be a little more helpful than an email and is why I prefer to call them as I think it is much better and has more chance of success.

Try Protec supplies, in their Misc spares section, they have a 25mm leather washer in stock, which should fit.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    ... they have a 25mm leather washer in stock, which should fit.
    RTFQ...

...Breech seal

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    RTFQ...

...Breech seal
    Ok i accept they might ? have one of them as well :-]
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Try Protec supplies, in their Misc spares section, they have a 25mm leather washer in stock, which should fit.
    Thanks I will give them a call.